Sunday 17 August 2014

Another bookmark....

Following on from my post yesterday, I was thinking about a design for a bookmark that might appeal to boys.  My great nephew's love of all things to do with Spiderman gave me inspiration to make this corner bookmark.  

This is what the bookmark looks like on the page of a book.

I altered the size from 2 1/2" squares to 3" squares on the template (see yesterday's post for link to instructions), mainly to fit in with the size of my oval punches for the eyes.  My freehand drawing of the web isn't brilliant, so I'll look around to see if there is a web I can print straight onto red card.

I would like to enter my card for the following challenge:
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 138 ~ Use Your Snippets
The Crafter's Cafe - Challenge #76 - Anything But A Card 

8 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for taking the challenge here at The Crafter's Cafe!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darn cute. He is going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,
    I think your hand drawing of the web is very brilliant. It's better than a print out.
    Now it's more you. Your making, your design. Really great, well done.
    Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veerle. I guess a printed web wouldn't make it so unique. If I draw all the webs then every one will be different. xx

      Delete
  4. Absolutely brilliant Liz! I agree with Veerle, draw your own webs - they're great - such a clever bookmark!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Di, just arrived home to find my prize. thank you so much. x

      Delete
  5. This is brilliant! Don't print the web as yours look great!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.