Thursday 2 October 2014

Trio of Bunnies

I can't believe that I've spent three days, on and off, trying to make a birthday card for my great-niece.  I knew I wanted it to feature rabbits somewhere, as she has a new pet rabbit, and also wanted it in bright colours to reflect her personality.  So, I got out my Sizzix rabbit die and Joanna Sheen rabbit stamps and played around with a few ideas. I just couldn't seem to come up with a design, so I went to Hobbycraft yesterday to find my mojo, and happened to find this back view of a rabbit stamp for £1.  Armed with my new purchase, I set to work again on the card.

I'm not sure if the patterned paper is too busy, but she will probably discard the card after a few seconds to open her present!   The rabbits were coloured in with Promarkers, picking out the colours in the patterned paper and the punched flowers were made out of matching snippets, decorated with pearls.  I wanted to get glitter on the card somewhere, so I covered the tails in Glossy Accents and sprinkled on white glitter while it was still wet.

I would like to enter my card for the following challenge:

7 comments:

  1. Hi Liz, I love your bright coloured bunnies, my sister and I used to draw rabbits like this when we were children. Your card is perfect for a 6 year old.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fab image,this is beautiful.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz, thank you for your lovely comment on my baby card! Adore your bunnies card, so bright and cheerful! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. I'm sure your great niece will love it. The bunnies are adorable and I love that you use such bright colors on them. The glitter on the tails is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your niece will love it!
    very cute
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Liz - this really is adorable! Beautiful colours too - it's sure to be a hit :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute for a six year old. I love the bunnies. But, I think you are right about her wanting to get to the gift. She will appreciate your cards more when she's older! We had to make our sons read the card "first" when they had birthdays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.