Monday 20 April 2015

With Sympathy

A sympathy card made today for a neighbour who sadly lost her husband a few days ago.  I used the Memory Box 'Prim Poppy' die as a silhouette, but despite the sad occasion, I wanted to add a little colour.  I had a little snippet of the raspberry pink pearlised card left over from the card I posted yesterday, so I used this for matting.
Usually I prefer the sentiment 'Thinking of You', but somehow the sentiment 'With Sympathy' seemed more appropriate for this particular neighbour - I'm not sure why.  I punched out three tiny flowers from the pink card to finish off my card.

9 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, so simple and elegant as I feel sympathy cards should be. I had to make one today too :(
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous Liz. Sadly we do need these kind of cards. But they do give comfort because people just sence there has been put in love to make them.
    Hugs Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sympathy card Liz, lost my neighbour of 43 years last night..will really miss her...lovely lady.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Liz. I'm sure she will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, and perfect for a sympathy card. I had to use one today,too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful sympathy card! I love the silhouette poppies and the embossing is so soft and pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sympathy card! Gorgeous CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sorry to hear this sad news. Your pretty card should bring a bit if comfort, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an elegant card. I like how you added just a bit of color. I'm sure your neighbor appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.