Friday 5 August 2016

Christmas in August

Welcome to Sonia from Sonia-Jane Creations, thank you for following me.  Welcome to my two other new followers too.  I'm not sure who you are, as your pictures aren't appearing in my followers list, so please leave me a comment and I will put a link back to your blog.  

I'm back after a break of just over a week in Devon.  It seemed a good idea at the time to take advantage of the usually warm and sunny weather in the UK and head for the coast.  We hadn't anticipated days of non-stop rain to come, but every cloud has a silver lining......I started batch making some cards and I managed to make 54 Christmas cards during the week.  I'm now well ahead of schedule with my Christmas cards.  We even managed to get in a few walks during the week too!

The first two cards are a similar CAS design, using a new DoCrafts 'Noel' die I bought this week in a sale at a local craft shop in Devon.  I had lots of snippets of gold and silver mirror card, a perfect size for the die.  I made the first batch of cards in red, gold and white.....

..... and the second batch in blue, silver and white.
The embossing folders are both by Crafters Companion - another bargain buy some time ago for £1 each.

For my last design I used a Memory Box 'Leaping Deer' die layered on a SB Lacy Square die cut.  The embossing doesn't show up very well in the photo, but I used the same folder as the photo above.


I am joining in the following challenges:



11 comments:

  1. These are all stunning, Liz!! I love the embossing!! They look so gorgeous!! Sorry it rained on your vacation :( But how awesome to have a huge jump on your Christmas cards!! I haven't even made one yet!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you didn't have very good weather on your trip away but you certainly made good use of your time. 54 cards is some going Liz. Well done! They look super and I love the Noel die. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had bad weather Liz, 54 Christmas cards puts you well ahead for the festive season! these card are fabulous, love the designs.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that was a good amount of cards to make Liz so being away when the weather wasn't so good in some ways did you a favour as if you had been at home I suspect you would have found other things that needed doing..lol. I have still got a long way to go with mine. The Noel and the leaping deer make great focal images and those embossing folders were great bargains too. Very pretty cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pity the weather wasn't so good for you Liz, but you certainly made the most of your indoor time! I love the cards you have made, and envy the bargains you bagged too!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards (fabulous NOEL die!!) Liz and you certainly made up for the bad weather - way to go with all those cards you made! :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry that you had such a wet holiday. The Christmas cards are looking fabulous though! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely looking cards, lovely classic look to them all. Thanks for joining us over at the Winter Wonderland.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set of cards Liz!Love the embossing folders you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this lovely card with us at Winter Wonderland. Good luck and we would love to see you again. Gosh you certainly had a marathon card making session! Christine DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Liz - I must add the Noel die to my wish list! Visiting today with my DT hat on, so thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland challenge.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.