Sunday 13 November 2016

CAS Christmas card

We've just spent a few days in Devon, closing down our caravan for the winter.  My two great-nieces and great-nephew (aged 5, 7 and 8) came up to the caravan on Friday to give me this amazing birthday card that they'd made together.  They even remembered there are lots of rabbits on the caravan site which appear at night, so they drew some brilliant rabbits and did a little fussy cutting.


I had a lovely birthday on Friday, with a long walk along the beach in glorious weather, a trip to the theatre, as well as the visit from my three favourite little people.

Onto my card for today.  I made several of this design over the last few days.

I used a Sweet Dixie 'Christmas Present'.  I die cut it in black, then again in green, using the green waste holly leaves to inlay into the spaces.  The berries are a fabulous new product I've discovered recently - Nuvo Crystal Drops.  They form a perfect round dome shape every time, in whatever size is needed.  So much easier than using pearls and no chance of them dropping off.

I am joining in the following challenges:

11 comments:

  1. :) Your three great-children have had a so sweet thought for you! And they are little talented crafters! Such a fun and cute card! Those bunnies make me smile! Glad you have had a good time! Your CAS looks great and love the green inlay leaves of the holly. These berries look fabulous! I didn't know the Nuvo Crystal Drops, but reading your words it has just became a must have for me! :D LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Liz, I love the CAS style. The die cut gift is fabulous and I love how you've added the holly leaves back in with green cardstock... clever idea! Thanks for the tip about the Nuvo Crystal Drops, I'll definitely be looking for some.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous CAS card Liz, great one for batch making! My sister was telling me about the Nuvo Crystal drops just last week. She bought a few colours and using them instead of enamel dots on her cards.
    Lovely card from the children ;-)
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards Liz, yours and your nieces and nephew's. I love the paper piecing that you've done on your. Belated Happy Birthday.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great that such young kids do the same thing as we; looks so perfect!
    And your card is so beautifully CAS! Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card from your great nieces and nephew Liz and a belated Happy Birthday, so nice to spend it at your caravan and glad you had a lovely day. This is a pretty card you have made with the SD die and a good one for mass production. I must try some of of the Nuvo Crystal Drops for berries as they always look easy to use, and as you say no chance of losing your berries in the post..lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Liz,
    Happy belated Birthday to you.
    Your card from your nieces and nephew is so sweet, and they made a wonderful job of it.
    Great Christmas card and what a lovely present die used to make this wonderful card.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Liz,
    A very happy birthday, belatedly to you, love your card of your caravanning!!!
    And the Christmas card park too!
    And thanks so very much for popping over to BB blog and making a comment on my post there. Rally appreciated.
    And congrats on winning a free set of Stamos from Becca's place today too!! :) I'm thrilled for you!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Birthday wishes. What a great handmade card you received from the little ones. Love the CAS appeal of your card. Looks fab in the black with just a hint of colours. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated Birthday wishes to you! I love the card you have designed. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With A Die.

    Emma - DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable card! Happy birthdah to you!
    Thank You for playing along with HLS Anything Goes with Dies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.