Sunday 23 April 2017

Good Luck

I was delighted to be asked to be a Guest Designer over in The Playground this week.  The challenge is to use snippets, I'm sure we've all got plenty of those!  
If you've arrived from The Playground, you can skip this next bit as you've probably read it already. 😊
My good luck card is made entirely from snippets, except for the card blank and sentiment panel.  The white embossed Creative Expressions 'Pawprint Lattice' background was even a snippet, although a fairly large one.  Does anyone else have an overflowing drawer of white snippets???  I’m sure they just multiply when I’m not looking!  The black cat is a very old Sizzix die, matted and layered on MB ‘Stitched Octagon’ die cuts. The four leaf clover ‘Clippunch’ punches I used come as a pack of two, one punching out the shape and one punching out a ‘u’ shape in the middle of the leaf, so it can be ‘clipped’ onto a separate piece of card.  I know these two punches are at least 10 years old as I bought them on one of several visits to ‘Nellie Snellen’s’ shop in the Netherlands.  Did you notice that I did a bit of name dropping there?  If ever you get the chance to visit her shop in Sevenum, it’s well worth a detour. If you’re lucky, you may even get to meet Nellie serving behind the counter and discover what a friendly and delightful crafter she is. There is even a lovely coffee shop nearby, where you can deposit an uncrafty OH with their newspaper while you shop!

Here are the punches I used.  They can either be used together or the leaf can be used on its own for a complete shape.

You have another week to enter a snippets card HERE to be in with a chance of a lovely prize.  The theme every fortnight is to use snippets, so I hope to see lots of your beautiful creations there.   

I am joining in the following challenges:
HLS April Anything Goes with Dies Challenge

21 comments:

  1. Super duper cute! I really like the octagon! Such a fresh look for a greeting card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Liz! Love the little lucky black cat surrounded by the four leafed clovers! Great background too! Wonderful creation from your snippets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Liz. Congratulations on being a guest designer. I love all the snippets you used on your card. The embossed paw print is so cute.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I am one of your newest followers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable!! I love the embossing!! The black kitty surrounded by four leaf clovers is so clever!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! I especially love the cat. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this card! That pawprint embossing folder looks amazing, I'm really surprised I've never seen it before. I think you may have done some "enabling"....
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Double good luck with shamrocks and a black cat - great card for your guest designer spot in the Playground. Also I'd say that embossing folder was a lucky find to go with any animal theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab good luck card Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous Good Luck card Liz, congrats on being guest designer at the Snippets Playground.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liz,
    congrats on being a GD.
    Your card is excellent, and wonderfully created as always.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to see you as GD over at the playground liz and this cards is the perfect snippets make. I love that pretty green clover and the soft green mats for the cute cat and the sentiment, and the embossing is beautiful in the background and very apt with the sweet little paw prints. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on being Guest Designer with your brilliant card!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely LOVe your CAS!! It's just perfect, so accurate and creative! Congrats for your GD, well deserved!
    I have never seen before this lovely punch set, such a shame it's an old release and surely retired.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous CAS card but black cats scare me to death but I can cope with this one,
    Great design and colours.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on being a GD, fabulous card design Liz.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just so cute! I think I might need that embossing folder now....Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've enjoyed catching up on your lovely designs, Liz! Your "good luck" card is so pretty with the lovely lattice, clover and adorable kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable. I love that EF...did not notice the pew prints till I read the post. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card Liz, love the embossing folder. Congratulations on your guest designer spot, so well deserved.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute card Liz..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies Challenge. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.