Wednesday 14 March 2018

CAS Christmas

There is a new challenge starting this month, the CAS Christmas Challenge with the theme of 'Holly'.  An easy theme, or so I thought, until I could only find one holly stamp.  I think it may have come as a magazine freebie several years ago, but despite trying different stamp pad and a stamp platform, I couldn't get it to stamp cleanly.  Although I really wanted to join in, I thought I might have to skip the first challenge.  Then I came across a little holly die as part of a set.
This card is 6 x 4.  The holly die is from the Sweet Dixie 'Christmas Small Snowman' set of dies.  I die cut it in two shades of green, as the die leaves an aperture in the middle of each leaf.  It was really quick to pop in the darker shade into the middle of each aperture.  I added some red Nuvo Crystal drops for the berries.  The embossing folder is an old Cuttlebug folder which I think has been discontinued.  I stamped the Papermania sentiment with Versafine 'Satin Red'  and raised it up on foam pads.   The stamp set is called 'Deck the Halls'.  Then I remembered a holly punch I have, so made a second card with a similar design.  

This card is 7 x 5, so I had to use a larger embossing folder.  The e/f is Creative Expression 'Sparkle Square'.  The punch is a pre-loved Dovecraft one and Nuvo Crystal Drops added for the berries. The  sentiment stamp is from the same Papermania set as the last card, again stamped with Versafine 'Satin Red' and raised up on foam pads.

I am joining in the following challenges:
CAS Christmas March Challenge ~ Holly










15 comments:

  1. Two wonderful holly cards Liz with the two different lots of holly leaves and embossing folders and both with the lovely red Nuvo drips for berries which are so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found some holly, Liz! These cards are fantastic! Love the embossing with the die cut and punched holly! Thanks for sharing these with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! I love the embossing and the holly leaves!! The Nuvo Drop berries are a perfect touch!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful EF Liz and the holly to enhance the beauty more.xx💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz great Holly embossed images. Love the Nuvo drop berries, mine turnout pretty flat :) I'm so glad you found something in your stash. Often it sounds easy till you look. thanks for Joining us at CAS Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two sweet holly cards Liz! Both are so pretty with the holly sprigs and red berries over the white embossed backgrounds. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable Christmas CAS cards! Very elegant both with those embossed panels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both your holly cards Liz. I have the holly embossing folder already in my collection, but not the other, so will be adding to my wish List!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so beautiful! I love holly so this was a perfect CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you persevered and made these two contemporary and gorgeous cards from the die x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are simply GREAT, such great ef's and dies, love how you have put them together, such lovely cards Liz, good you thought of those dies ay?.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super set of CAS cards Liz. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two super holly cards. I must get a move on and make my card for the challenge. The bits for it have been sat on my desk for a week. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty Christmas cards Liz, fabulous CAS designs.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.