Pages

Wednesday, 15 July 2026

Crafting with Brownies

I was asked to organise a couple of craft activities for a Brownie Sleepover my daughter was running for 16 girls last Saturday.  I bought some inexpensive notebooks for the Brownies to decorate and I made up a sample.  After choosing the colour of notebook and doily they  wanted, they assembled the punched out pieces of the owl. I taught them how to fold and tuck the die cut doilies and they decorated the label with their name.  These are some of the finished notebooks.  I also took along my Big Shot and Puzzle Maker and the girls enjoyed making a double sided puzzle. 


These are some of the finished notebooks.  I also took along my Big Shot and Puzzle Maker and the girls enjoyed making a double sided puzzle. 


I used snippets for everything to decorate the notebooks, so I'll be sharing my decorated notebook over in the Playground.

I am joining in the following challenges:


15 comments:

  1. A great way to entertain and encourage the Brownies, takes me back years helping Brown Owl (eldest Daughter).

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little owl is adorable and a great eyecatcher on these cards!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for the Brownies. I bet they had a great time and will treasure their little notebooks and puzzles.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the paddling pool later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cracking project and practical too - hope they all enjoyed making them

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely activity for the Brownies and I bet they were thrilled with their 'Brown Owl' notebooks. Nice to see that punch in action.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous and fun idea Liz, I bet the brownies loved making these cute little notebooks xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have been delighted with how well these little notebooks turned out Liz, didn't they do well! It was a great idea, and I'm sure the girls loved the activity as well as the result- brings back memories of my days as a Beaver Scout leader...happy days!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a Tawny Owl for many years. Lots of happy memories of taking Brownies on Pack Holiday. xx

      Delete
  8. What a lovely idea for a fun sleepover for your daughter's brownie pack Liz, and they made a great job of assembling the pretty doilies and nameplate on the fronts of them. I love yours too with that lovely blue colour notebook which contrasts beautifully with the white doily and nameplate, and of course that cute owl. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun, and what a great job they all did!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really super idea Liz - the little ones did very well with their notebooks. Took me back to Brownie days, I still have my tie clip/badge in the button tin here! Brave to have 16 for a sleepover - I bet they loved it!
    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant project for the brownies and they all did so well. Yours is also lovely in the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your designs, those images are really beautiful . x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a joyful project, and the whole post radiates that busy, happy energy you get when a roomful of Brownies are crafting together. The way you prepared the notebooks with punched owl pieces, folded doilies, and personalized name labels gave the girls a perfect mix of guided steps and creative freedom, and the finished books look wonderfully bright and individual. Bringing the Big Shot and Puzzle Maker was inspired a double‑sided puzzle is exactly the kind of hands‑on activity they adore. It is lovely to see how much they accomplished and how proud they must have been of their creations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow looks like they had fun! (Hope you too... :) ) Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all scam comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.