A new Allsorts Challenge begins today and Lynne has chosen the theme 'Embossing - heat or dry'.
Adding texture using an embossing folder is one of my favourite ways of adding texture. For my card I've used Lisa Horton 3D 'Sunflower' embossing folder. The strip of ribbon was bought ages ago...... I couldn't resist it as it has sunflowers on it. I had no idea what I was going to use it for, but it seemed perfect for this card. The sentiment is raised up on foam pads to add some more dimension.
There is a prize of a die, embossing folder and layering stencil bundle from Lisa Horton Crafts for the lucky randomly chosen winner.
I am joining in the following challenges:




A very appropriate card for you Liz and so effective with the coloured panel against the white.
ReplyDeleteB x
What a lovely EF you’ve used here Liz. Such a beautiful card full of sunshine. xxx
ReplyDeleteI have ribbons, that I've never used, but they will as you found on this gorgeous card, love the embossing folder and that ribbon. A lovely sunny card Liz. x
ReplyDeleteI always admire how you used EFs and this one is no exception. A beautiful card with a sunny border.
ReplyDeleteLovely sunny card and the ribbon is perfect with the sunflower embossing
ReplyDeleteYour sunflower embossing looks beautifully bold with the added ribbon detail, and the raised sentiment adds just the right touch of dimension to complete your cheerful design.
ReplyDeleteFabulous card Liz, beautiful embossing and the colourful ribbon is gorgeous. xx
ReplyDeleteStriking card with the sunflowers and that lovely ribbon Liz!
ReplyDeleteA lovely card Liz - I'm sure you couldn't resist buying this lovely sunflower ribbon!
ReplyDeleteKath x
Pretty birthday card! Love the sunflower embossing folder--so detailed! That strip of Designer Paper is just as pretty! Great combo!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great embossing folder, Liz and your card is absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYour EF is perfect for your ribbon.
ReplyDeleteOr the other way around!
Amazing card, Liz. Beautiful embossing folder. Hugs, my friend.
ReplyDeleteWhat fantastic sunflowers. I love how you kept the embossing white and added pops of colour with your panel and matting. Gorgeous xx
ReplyDeleteSuch a really pretty sunflower covered ribbon Liz and goes beautifully with the wonderful Sunflower EF, and the yellow matted layer and surround for the lovely sentiment coordinates perfectly. x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, Liz, that ribbon is so perfect with the embossing! x
ReplyDeleteLovely card Liz, what a super combo of embossing with that gorgeous ribbon xx
ReplyDeleteThat ribbon is gorgeous and you found the perfect place to use it. Great card.
ReplyDeleteI do love sunflowers and your folder is lovely Liz especially with the beautiful ribbon.
ReplyDeleteThis card is beautiful and The ribbon is bright and cheery. I love sunflowers.
ReplyDeleteSuch a clean and great textures card! Love the ribbon! Hugs, Gerrina
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely adorable both in design and colours. Brilliantly executed x
ReplyDeleteVery pretty flower card, I love the combo of embossed with colored flowers. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges
ReplyDeleteLove this Liz - those bold sunflowers against the embossed background makes for a wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Inspiration Station
ReplyDeleteBeautiful floral card, very nicely designed too!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure and Triple B!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Can You Handle The Pressure, Triple B Co-Owner
Hi Liz, that's a lovely card - you are right a bit of embossing always adds interest to any design. I read in your previous post about your weekend of crafting - sounds like a great way to spend a weekend, I wonder if any of the scrapbookers picked up the cardmaking bug? I also wanted to say thanks for always popping over and leaving the kind comments on my blog - I know I'm terrible at posting in return so I wanted to both say thank you and sorry!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful embossing folder Liz. Connor (our youngest) and Amelia are getting married in 3 weeks and sunflowers is the order of the day so that would have been perfect for the 75 invitations I made last year!! xx
ReplyDeleteThat is so gorgeous Liz. Love the embossing and the strip of pretty paper sets it off beautifully.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful CAS design, and the ribbon is the perfect accent. Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station and Beautiful Blossoms Challenges, and sharing your lovely card.
ReplyDeleteDonna xx
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
So pretty. Love the embossed and ribbon combo. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautifully cheery card!! I love that embossing folder! I can see why you bought it - it's perfect! Adds so much texture and dimension without color :) I also love the beautiful font on your sentiment, too! Thank you for joining the Beautiful Blossoms monthly challenge! We look forward to seeing more of your beautifully created submissions in the future! ~ Amanda
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card Liz, another Lisa folder I have and not used. stands out with the cheery colour ribbon.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely perfect way to use the ribbon! Love this!
ReplyDeleteYou're right - the perfect place for that ribbon. Pretty card.
ReplyDelete