Sunday 3 August 2014

It's a Boy!


We heard this weekend that friends of ours were made grandparents for the first time.  Little Archie arrived three weeks early, so I got to work on making cards for the happy parents and grandparents.

Every time I use this Marianne die, it reminds me of the first time I got into cardmaking.  Many years ago I went to a craft show in Shepton Mallet and saw a demonstration using Lacé templates, which you cut through with a craft knife.  It looked really easy, so a bought a couple, went home and made my first ever card.  Thankfully, similar Marianne Lacé dies came on the market, which do all the hard work for you!  

I used snippets of blue pearlised card for this one, layering the pram using foam pads. I love this cute embossing folder for baby cards to give the backgrounds a bit of texture. I used a Memory Box die - 'Baby Carriage'.

I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Both your cards are lovely. I tried Lace using the knife and made a right mess so was very glad when the dies came out!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so irritating using a craft knife when I messed up one of the last cuts and had to start again. xx

      Delete
  2. Two super baby cards. Love the embossing & die cutting x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both so adorable., The dies you chose are wonderful and those little feet embossed on the second card are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely baby cards Liz, the receivers will be very happy.
    Greetings from Veerle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two really gorgeous cards Liz! Gosh that Baby Carriage die is amazing. Err, and I never tried lace (can I heck find how to add the accent over the e!!) - sadly I'm sort of banned from using craft knives. Damage to self rather than the desk!!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You find the accent in Word under insert symbol, then copy and paste it where you want it. :-) With the Marianne dies no craft knives are needed. Just roll the die through your die cutting machine and the cutting is done for you. Much safer and no risk of injury! xx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous cards Liz, they are both adorable and I absolutely love those cute little feet.
    The first craft show I went to was at Shepton Mallet, and I was in crafty heaven as I'd never seen so many toys to play with in one place lol.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.