Wednesday 4 February 2015

Sunflowers

A 'Get Well' card today with bright sunflowers.  What a nightmare trying to take a photo! The shadows cast made some of the elements look like they're not straight, but I measured it several times and everything is straight. The more I look at the photo, the wonkier everything looks! I think it might be something to do with gingham paper playing tricks with my eyes. I'll try this design again with a different patterned paper, so watch this space!  The card looks fine IRL and I was really pleased how it turned out.
These Little Claire sunflower stamps came as a single stamp with four designs, so I stamped it and cut the stamped image into four separate images and chose three for my 7" x 5" card.  The images were coloured in with Promarkers and Ultrafine Sharpie pens. The images were matted on card punched out with a postage stamp punch and attached with foam pads to give dimension.  Three little pearls finished off my card. 

I would like to enter my card for the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. This is just cheery! Love the inchies matted on the wonderful greens, and of course sunflowers just make you smile anyway. I expect it is the gingham pattern playing tricks on your visuals, because your motifs look straight if you see the gingham as a solid. But when I looked at the gingham pattern, I could see what you meant. This is going to cheer up the recipient big time. Love that it's not a valentine either...I'm about tired of Valentine cards, and still have a few more to finish!!! TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's strange how it's only in the photo everything looks wonky. xx

      Delete
  2. sunny! sunny! fabulous and so cheerful!
    good luck on the challenges
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the panel layout and sunflowers are always bright and cherry. Thank you for joining my Blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Liz! I think it's just an optical illusion caught by the camera and the gingham background. Looking close you can see that everything is lined up :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate that when your photograph makes your card look wonky or weirdly colored. This time I'm sure it is the checkerboard sending our eyeballs in a frenzy. It is a lovely card with happy bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz,
    what a very lovely card.
    Great paper used, and beautiful little sunflowers too.
    I have had a few prob lately with things looking not quite straight, especially when there is a gingham paper involved, and on checking and measuring it still looked wrong too.
    I think with me it's my darn eye problem.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those four little images and the colors are so cheerful. It's a happy card and a great get well card. Thanks for helping me remember where my embossing folder came from. You are right, it is a Quick Kutz. It was a long time ago and I had forgotten who made it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card, love the spring colours. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sunflowers are perfect for you, considering the name of your blog. :)

    It may just be the angle of the photo that makes the elements of the card look wonky. The important thing is that the card looks good in real life. I'm sure it will be a ray of sunshine for the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty. Thanks for joining LC challenge... Happy crafting! Francy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More at Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.