Wednesday 27 May 2015

We Three Kings......

I have a new follower this week, but I'm not sure who you are! Thank you for following me.  Please leave me a comment so I can put a link to your blog on my next post.

We came home yesterday from a few days by the coast in beautiful Devon.  The internet connection was a bit hit and miss and also VERY slow.  I've managed to look at the blogs of many of my blogging friends while we were away, but didn't manage to leave many comments due to the poor internet connection. :-(  Hopefully I'll have time to visit again over the next few days and leave some comments.

It's time for Rudolph Days challenge for May, which runs from the 25th to the end of each month, so here is my card.
I made the background for the 'Three Kings' Lavinia stamp with Pepper Red, Sunset Orange and Sunshine Yellow Adirondack inks, which I applied with brushes.  The image was die-cut with a Memory Box Stitched Rectangle, which I matted onto a snippet of black card, also die-cut with one of the stitched rectangles in the set.  The 'Snowflakes' embossing folder is by Crafters Companion which I bought for just £1 at the NEC last year.  I do like a bargain! I added a tiny clear gem to the star on the image and three black gems in the corner.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:


18 comments:

  1. Lovely card Liz! Beautiful silhouette there against the gorgeous sky - and what a bargain with the embossing folder :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Liz, so bold and elegant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, Liz!
    The image on your handmade background looks stunning and the EF for one pound Sterling blew me away...I love a bargain too!

    Thanks for taking part in the M ay Rudolph Days Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Rudolph Day card Liz, the shaded background is gorgeous and the silhouette stamp looks perfect against it. The stitched rectangles are great too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cas card Liz.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, this is stunning!!! So beautiful. Love the colors you used behind the image and against all the white it's so striking and pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the CAS theme. A lovely card...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful ombré card!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, love the background and the image and the bargain EF.

    Thanks for joining in this months Rudolph Day challenge.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Liz. I love the inky background for the silhouette stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colours of your sunset are so beautiful Liz! Love the silhouette ... gorgeous Christmas card. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Christmas card design Loz, beautiful silhouette and colors..
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a beautiful card with amazing coloring! WB from your fun trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Liz, this is a wonderful sunset background for this super Lavinia stamps. (which I've just discovered...probably not such a good thing for me either!) Yay on finding a good bargain on the EF too..it's very pretty. Adding in the star was a perfect finishing touch to this stunning Christmas card. Love it! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Liz, love the colours, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a classy card, Liz! Love the colored background with the black silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those sunset colors are lovely. I really like how you matted it on black and kept the base simple with a subtle embossing. I love that image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.