Wednesday 24 June 2015

Shabby Chic or Vintage?

Firstly, welcome to my latest follower, Sandy.

When I saw that the challenge on the Country View blog was 'Shabby Chic', I knew it would take me way, way out of my comfort zone of CAS cards!  For a start, I've never been sure of the difference between Shabby Chic and Vintage, but here is my take on the challenge.
I started with a white card blank and attached a piece of torn patterned paper. I still find it difficult to tear paper without trying to neaten it afterwards, but figured torn is more shabby!  I distressed the card around the edges with 'Tea Dye' distress ink. I also used the same ink on the lace, doily and Spellbinders 'Picot Edge Circle' die-cut I used for the sentiment.  The rosette was made using a Sizzix Tom Holtz die, with a button added to the centre.  The butterfly punch is by Stampin' Up.

I would like to enter my card for the following challenges:
Country View June Challenge ~ Shabby Chic
Butterfly Challenge # 33 ~ Butterflies + F is for Flowers
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge ~ Anything Goes

13 comments:

  1. Huge round of applause from me for being brave enough to stand up and say that you can't tell the difference, because neither can I !!! Occasionally I see, or even make, a card that is definitely vintage but isn't shabby chic, but that's usually because it's leaning towards the steampunk end of the spectrum.
    Anyway, whatever it's called, this card is gorgeous!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I Googled 'shabby chic' and 'vintage' it said that shabby chic was either old and worn or distressed to look old and worn, whereas vintage is just classic and old. I'm still confused! LOL! xx

      Delete
    2. .......I guess if it looks old, but not worn then it must be vintage. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I think you nailed it Liz! Such pretty colors and the lace and doily make the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intricate design and details, Liz! GREAT job on incorporating lace, doily and accordion flowers into one! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card created with beautiful added sweetness.xxx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Liz, the lace and doily are fabulous and give a lot of texture.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, shabby chic is not my cup of tea either but you have made a very good job with the challenge, great card and very well done .

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz you have made me laugh. That's sorted then. so when I'm all distressed and worn out form not being able to get on the internet I'm shabby chic and all other times just look vintage!!
    Your card is lovely. I must admit I can't leave threads hanging which are supposed to help give that shabby chic look if I do sewing on a card or a mixed media piece. Goregoeus butterfly and love the colourway. Thankyou for fluttering by #33.
    p.s. Off to look in the mirror to see if any threads are hanging from my attire.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think I'm probably shabby chic some days and vintage on other days too. ;-)

      Delete
  8. This is just gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well shabby chic or vintage doesn't really matter because you have created another lovely card. Well done and thanks for playing in Butterfly Challenge #33. Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so with you on having a hard time figuring out what the difference between shabby chic and vintage is. But I'd say you managed to make your card both shabby and chic. And which ever it is, it is most definitely pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.