Sunday 22 January 2017

Triple Layer - no stamping

This is the second Triple Layer card I've made this week.  Di, of Pixie's Crafty Workshop, left me a comment on the Triple Layer Stamped card I posted yesterday, to say that she had made a post using this technique, but with patterned paper.  A few minutes on Google resulted in me finding the instructions on Di's post HERE.  I decided to make a square card this time using this ' new to me' technique.

The white base card is 7" square.  The patterned paper is from an old 8 x 8 paper stack I bought for £1 at a craft fair.  The yellow circle is die cut with a MB 'Stitched  Circle' die and the pink die cut is a NBUS - MB 'Amana Circle'.  I bought the Amana Circle die a couple of years ago in a 60% off sale and it seemed too good a bargain not to pop in my basket.  I had no idea what I was going to do with it, which is why it's been sat in my box of dies, unused, until now.  It always seemed the wrong size for the project I was working on.  As Darnell has her NBUS #8 Challenge still open, I'll be popping over to her blog to link up my third card this week.  If you haven't joined in the challenge yet, Challenge #8 ends soon, but there are two new NBUS Challenges coming.  The first one starts tomorrow, so visit Darnell's blog to find out all about it.

I am joining in the following challenges:

17 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!! The papers are beautiful!! I love the no stamping, triple stamping technique!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz this is lovely. The current challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz is for this technique but has not proved very popular. Must have been too much of a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue. I saw the Cardz 4 Guyz challenge was a Triple Layer card, but I couldn't find suitable masculine papers or stamps which I thought would work. :-( The technique is easier than it looks. xx

      Delete
  3. Another beautiful card with this technique, and the DP looks great for it!The Amana circle looks great with the sentiment inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squeal! Oh I'm so happy your tried this Liz - great result! And well done on finding my long winded instructions as well :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to you and Di for explaining this technique and the finished result is extremely pretty Liz. I love your circle motif with the sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! This is gorgeous Liz. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic card Liz, looking at this card I can see lots of cards being made like this using up off cuts of patterned papers.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a pretty card Liz and a great way to use patterned paper. I've been trying to figure out ways of how to use some of that old stash so huge thanks for the idea x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! I like the card and I like the colours.
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liz,
    what a very wonderful card, and such a great technique.
    The layers are very pretty abd colourful.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another lovely card Liz, I really like this technique!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is the first time I've seen this technique done with designer paper and I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It works so well with paper Liz. A very pretty card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, Liz! Love the technique & pretty paper you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.