Thursday 25 May 2017

Snowdrops

Like so many bloggers around the world have already said, my heart goes out to all those affected by the horrendous terrorist attack in Manchester this week.  My thoughts and prayers are with them all.  
♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  

I wanted to make a masculine 60th birthday card for a friend's husband who loves snowdrops and this is what I came up with.  (The white line across the middle is the reflection on the acetate and isn't really there!)

 I don't have a snowdrop die, so I decided to use some holographic snowdrop peeloffs on an acetate window. (Please tell me that I'm not the only one who still has a box of peeloffs that rarely get used!) I started by marking on the front of the card blank where the rectangle die would cut.  Then I put DST around the area where the aperture would be, so the patterned paper would be attached around the aperture as well as the outer edges of the card.  (I hope that makes sense.) I covered the front of card blank in patterned paper and then die cut the aperture.   Patterned paper was added to the  inside and I attached a piece of acetate to cover the aperture, before adding the snowdrops.  I used a Die-namics 'Fresh Cut Grass' die cut and added a few holographic circles in the bottom corners.


17 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous!! I love the design with the acetate window!! Beautiful card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh this is so pretty! I love that idea with the acetate and the peel-offs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your snowdrop peeloffs are very pretty on the acetate window Liz and the blue paper and green grass cut with a die make a pretty scene of it. I have some peeloffs and hardly ever use them either. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card and I love the acetate and the colors you have used to make this beautiful bday card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fab design, this is just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The peeloffs look gorgeous on the acetate window , a really lovely card.
    I still have hundreds of peel offs, when I first started crafting I went mad for them. At the time you could get plastic A4 sized books with lots of pages of clear pockets divided up the middle - I don't know what they were meant for but they were perfect for storing peel offs in, so all mine are in those. I keep telling myself I ought to get on and use them up, after all lots of them are very much like the delicate die cuts we use now.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got hundreds of peeloffs too, Jane, mostly from the days before dies were invented. It was mainly just peeloffs and punches then. How times have changed! xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely and sweet card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge 8th Birthday Party;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love snowdrops! They are the first sign of a garden filled with green and colours...
    Love the colours and the window design! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, love how you used the acetate. Ahh peel offs, yep still got a boxful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liz,
    no your not the only one that has stashes of peeloffs still languishing in a drawer that get very rarely used.
    I love those wonderful snowdrop ones and your card is excelent that you have created.
    I bet he was so pleased with it.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely card with the acetate window and pretty snowdrops.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Liz, love the design, gave all my peel offs away had box`s full.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Liz. I love the acetate window! Yes, I too have stacks of peel-offs which I haven't used in a while!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Peel offs.. Of course I have a few (read lots!) and they don't often get an airing! Still when in a hurry they are unbeatable!
    Lovely CAS card and the peel offs look great! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you used the peel-offs on the acetate window - great idea! A wonderful card - I am sure that your friend's husband was delighted with it! Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you used the flowers on that acetate window. Very pretty card. Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.