Friday 5 May 2017

In the Pink!

Kylie, Founder of Addicted to Stamps and More! challenge blog, Addicted to CAS challenge blog and Happy Little Stampers, has a special challenge on her blog, following her news that she's going to be a Nanna!  The challenge is to make a card in predominently blue or pink.  Quite by chance, I was going to make a post this week with a card I made recently for a friend's daughter who recently gave birth to a baby girl, so I'm posting two pink cards  today.

The first card is a CAS card using one of the dies from the Sue Wilson 'Family Tree!  I die cut the tree from the white card and again from paler pink card.  I then inlaid the white die cut into the aperture left in the pink card.  Next I die cut just the leaves from dark pink card, then inlaid them in the spaces.  I also used Sue Wilson 'Double Pierced Rectangle and Circle' die.

I'm joining in the following challenges with this card:
 Kylie's "I'm going to be a Nanna" Competition!
Die Cut Diva's May Challenge ~ Flowers or trees, bushes and grass will count too! 

This is the card I made recently for my friend's daughter.

I used the Sue Wilson 'Shadow Box Collection - New Arrival' set of dies.  The heart, ducks and feet are raised up on foam pads. 

I am joining in the following challenges with this card:


19 comments:

  1. omg, I LOVE both cards! Your inlaid die cuts on the first one are so beautiful. The tree is fab. The second card is so cute. Both perfectly pink too! Thanks for joining in my Nanna Competition xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS card. Love the color you choos.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz I am loving your pink cards so cute and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both fabulous cards Liz, loving them in pink!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both so beautiful!! I love the designs and the pretty pink!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two interesting and really pretty cards Liz and both with the family theme. I adore the inlaid tree and a great idea to use a different pink for the leaves, and then the baby shadow box card with all the different and such cute images. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are both sweet and love the two different tones of pink and white toghether! Great use of the tree die of SW, love how the tree turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely cards Liz, the baby die cuts are so cute. I really love the family tree card, you have made a beautiful job of the inlayed technique.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are gorgeous Liz. I love the card with Sue's family tree. I love this die a lot. Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two gorgeous cards Liz, love the CAS card and wonderful framed one, both lovely keepsakes.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful Cards Liz (I've always wanted to write that!). Love both designs. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow--2 great cards, Liz! I absolutely love the look of the 2 tone pink tree & such an adorable baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both pretty in pink, but I'm especially fond of the 2nd card with all the stitched windows! Cuteness overload!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two super cute cards! Loving the monochromatic theme. Great job on the inlaid tree.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two stunning cards Liz, like how you put the name and date of birth on the baby card, fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two fab cards, love the inlaid tree in particular. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both beautiful, but that first is my favorite (I love trees)! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love both your cards!!! :) Thanks for joining the girlfriends this week at Little Red Wagon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both card so delightful!! Thanks for linking up to our May challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.