Thursday 2 February 2017

Get Well, Football Fan!

If you follow my blog, you may remember that I made a 102nd birthday card last month for Kitty, who is still an active football supporter.  Well, I heard yesterday that unfortunately Kitty had a fall a couple of days ago, fractured her hip and is recovering from her operation in hospital.  As I wanted to make a card to catch the last post yesterday, this card was made in less than 20 minutes! 
As usual I made her a card with lots of texture and contrast in colours so she can see it easily.  I know she will appreciate and football themed card in the team colours of blue and white. The die is a NBUS one which I saw used on Janice's blog HERE, which is a really good size for a focal point, especially for someone with poor eyesight!.  The embossing folder used is by Crafts Too.  I die cut the football in black card, layered it on white card and attached it to the card with foam pads. (The thick black line at the bottom of the football is the shadow.) Small, white, punched circles were added to show the flight path of the ball.  The football looks a bit too large for the card in the photo, but it looks fine IRL  



13 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that your friend has had a fall, I hope she makes a speedy recovery - your card is fabulous, I'm sure it will cheer her up.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad that Kitty has had this fall Liz but hopefully she will make a good recovery. Your card will be really enjoyed by her I'm sure. I love the background embossing and that great football.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant card...and all in 20 mins!!...well done. I hope your friend makes a quick and full recovery.bet she will love her card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not so good the reason why you had to make the card; hope she recovers quick!
    But a beautiful CAS card for her! You will cheer her up with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your friend! Your card for her is a sweet tought, surely she will appreciate it! Love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry Liz! great card for a male..
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Sorry for your friend!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw your card over at NBUS so I had to pop over... I love the bright colors you used and how you added texture to the card - such a wonderful idea and I'm sure your friend will adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card, I'm sure Kitty will love it. I hope she makes a speedy recovery.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely that you were able to make the perfect card for her and it's a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, bless, I'm sorry Kitty fell. You are so thoughtful, Liz! This very personalized card for her will cheer her up no end!! Thanks for playing again in #10! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card Liz, I love how you have repeated the embossed pattern of the background into the main feature. Thanks for playing along with us at Country View Crafts Hugs Debsxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great make Liz - great texture... thanks for joining us at CVC and good luck! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.