A new Allsorts Challenge begins today and Sarah has chosen the theme of 'Colours of Summer'. There is also the usual option of Anything Goes.
I haven't made a card with cross stitching on for quite a while, so I thought I would include stitching on this card. I decided on a colourful summer bloom. I'm not a flower expert, but I guess this might be a hibiscus. I used a Marianne Designs 'Cross Stitch Circle' die and die cut into a larger circle. The stitching was down with crochet cotton. I used a free Marianne Designs pattern which you can download HERE. I layered the completed stitched pattern on a pink Memory Box 'Stitched Scalloped Circle' die cut. The background was embossed with a Spellbinders 'Dainty Dots' embossing folder.
There is a fabulous prize of a butterfly stamp and stencil from Visible Image for the randomly drawn winner.
I am joining in the following challenges:



A really beautiful card Liz. Love how you’ve combine your love of cross stitching and card making here. xxx
ReplyDeleteStunning stitched card Liz, a beautiful design and looks so special due the obvious care and effort involved xx
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty Liz! x
ReplyDeleteSuper card, the cross stitch really makes it pop
ReplyDeleteHave a fab weekend
Kathyk
Beautiful stitched card Liz, great design to highlight your lovely stitching!
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful cross-stitching Liz, and your card turned out so beautifully!
ReplyDeleteI always love your stitched cards. This looks great in the bright pink with that pretty embossed background. Love it xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cross stitch Liz!
ReplyDeleteThe Spellbinders dainty dots ef is the perfect background to your beautiful stitched flower
ReplyDeleteBeautifully done Liz.
ReplyDeleteB x
Brilliant card, Liz! Both the embossing and the cross stitching add texture and interest. x
ReplyDeleteI enjoy seeing your cross stitch cards and this flower is so pretty and summery
ReplyDeleteYour stitched summer bloom looks beautiful with the bright pink layers and the delicate embossed background, and the way you combined cross stitching with die cutting gives the design a charming handcrafted feel.
ReplyDelete