Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Barbecue

We returned today from a few days in our caravan in North Devon and we had some rain!  Not just a light shower, but a couple of heavy downpours.  After all the hot weather we've had recently, I've never enjoyed walking in the rain so much! 🤣

Last Saturday we went a barbecue.  The men cooked all the meat and the ladies provided all the salads and homemade desserts.... for all 55 of us!  It was a fabulous evening and I made this card to thank the hosts for holding it in their garden.

I used dies from the Sue Wilson 'King of the Grill' with black, yellow and silver snippets, adding a little red ink to the flames.  A Cuttlebug 'Diamond Plate' embossing folder was used for the embossed panel.  It's at least ten years old and I can't remember the last time I used it, so it deserved to have an outing. The sentiment is a stamp from the Happy Little Stampers 'Whimsical Friends' set, using Versafine Clair 'Nocturne'.  Three small black pearls finished off my card.  Everything, apart from the card base, was snippets so I'll be sharing my card over in the Snippets Playground. 

I am joining in the following challenges:




16 comments:

  1. We had a little downpour yesterday and it was lovely to stand out in the cool air, soon warmed up though! Perfect summery card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous thank you card! That’s a lovely die and the red tips on the flames adds drama perfectly. We enjoyed a lovely holiday in Arlington North Devon and hope to return. I wish we’d had that rain, we had a light sprinkle and it was still worth a dance! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful thank you card for your hosts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! Thanks for playing along with our SUMMER challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You nailed the Guyz part with that grill for the grill master and the summer portion cause grilling is such a big part of summer fun!! Great work!!
    Deb Horst, DT #C4G388

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely great card with an exquisite design of a summer's BBQ. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super snippets card and very thoughtful to send it to the people who hosted the event in their garden - sounds like a fun event.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card as a thank you for the hosts. WakeyL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that sounds like a fabulous evening Liz!! Must have been some cook up lol. I absolutely love the card you made and I'm sure recipient appreciated it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The weather is perfect for a bbq! Your card is a real invitation to join in!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulously fun card and perfect thank you for the barbeque!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure and The Neglected Stuff!
    Diane
    {Nellies Nest}
    Can You Handle The Pressure Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fun card to thank them. Wow, cooking for 55 people is a lot of food! Sounds like so much fun. Your flames look so "hot" and the metal look embossing folder is perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love that grill die cut! Wonderful card, the flames look so good! Thanks for joining us at Can You Handle the Pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow they must have a huge garden. Love your very appropriate thank you card Liz.
    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse later.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx (For some reason blogger won’t let me sign in so it had to be an “anonymous” comment! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was some BBQ Liz and this is a wonderful card to say thank you and a great design and dies to make it with...I'm sure the hosts of the event will have love this. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoever would have thought that we'd get excited about a heavy downpour during our summer holiday!!! No rain here at all. For weeks.
    Your card is absolutely perfect to say thank you to your hosts- that was a lot of people to feed!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Liz
    It sounds like you have had a wonderful time away .. .. and I love the thank you for the host. Great design.
    I hope there was a dishwasher to cope with all washing up 55 guests would make!! LOL!!
    Love and hugs
    Jules xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all scam comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.