Friday 10 October 2014

Throwback Thursday Challenge #2

When I saw that Bibiana has started a new Throwback Thursday Challenge on her blog, Stamping with Bibiana, I thought it would be fun to take part.  The idea is to repost a card posted some time in the past.  Each challenge lasts for two week, starting on a Thursday, and this time the theme is: A past Halloween project (preferably but NOT compulsory).  As Halloween cards are not common in the UK, I've never made one, so I thought about the first card I ever made for a challenge.  HERE is my original post.
In March 2013 I saw a new challenge being started by Lavinia Stamps. As I already owned a number of Lavinia stamps I decided to enter.  It was only when I saw other entries, that I realised there were other challenges.  Until then I had no idea that there were online card making challenges! As I started to enter a few of these challenges, I discovered there are hundreds of challenges, with lots of lovely bloggers who visit and comment on each others posts.  Since March 2013, when the Lavinia Stamps challenge started, I always make sure I enter every month, as it was the challenge that first introduced me to my blogging friends.

Pop over to Stamping with Bibiana and repost one of your creations from the past.

11 comments:

  1. Love the fab image,this is gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Lavinia stamps but haven't the knowledge to do these stunning backgrounds I see on other blogs. So,I have enrolled on a Lavinia stamp class in November to learn how to create them without using a brayer!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use a brayer any more. I find using Ink Dusters so much easier to make backgrounds and they use far less ink too. Good luck on your Lavinia Stamps class - it sounds like fun! x

      Delete
  3. Hi Liz,
    what a fab creation for Bibiana's 2nd challenge.
    Love your super inking of this fab background.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello liz:
    I thank you for participating in my "Throwback Thursday" challenge...the card is so fantastic, love Lavinia stamps :)
    TFS your "back" story, me too I did not have any clue of challenges until I started visiting some blogs, being part of the DT's and then I discover this fun blogging game..so I decided to create my own...the idea really came suddenly and here we are meeting new friends and sharing card making and fun stories!
    glad that you enter!!!
    hugs from California
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card, the colours you used are beautiful. I am a fan of Lavinia stamps too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS and just beautiful! Love this for Halloween and that image is awesome.
    Yes, there really are hundreds out challenges out in blog land now too.
    LYnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Liz, this is such a great design and fab colours. Beautiful image too I love your card. Hugs, Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous colours Liz, it's a gorgeous card sweetie.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great CAS, this is a great stamp! Love the colors.

    I am stopping by from Throwback Thursday where I am linked up too with my Courage ATC project from 2010.

    Hugs,
    Antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.