Tuesday 7 April 2015

Quick Card!!!!

I was at a friend's house this evening when I discovered that it was a mutual friend's 80th birthday today!  As the birthday girl buys lots of my cards, which I sell for charity, I couldn't miss sending her a card.  So, when I arrived home at 9.30pm, I got to work to make a quick card - finished in less than 30 minutes, which is quick for me!  It's a design I've done before, but I chose the combination of purple and white this time.  The butterfly is attached with foam pads to add some dimension.
As I'd had a glass of wine, good old DH drove me to her house so I could drop it through her door.  Lights were on, so she'll open it on the right day. Phew!!  


8 comments:

  1. Love it Liz well done on such a great quick dash card <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet, Liz! What a lovely card for this lady and to drive it over to her house right away so she'll have it in time! So thoughtful! Love all these beautiful butterflies! Say, did you see you won a prize (at least one) over at the LIUB for Autism Awareness Blog Hop. Saw the list on FB. Congratulations! I was lucky too! Feeling very blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was one of the lucky winners too. What a successful blog hop it was, for a very great cause. xx

      Delete
  3. You made a last-minute card that's so beautiful, and then delivered it yourself too? You're a great friend as well as a great card maker ;) I love those butterfly diecuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great design for a quick CAS card. Really like the colour you have used. My eyes are stretching but it's a bit early - are the twee butterflies a die cut or stamped? thanks Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card - nobody would know that it was done in a hurry and after a glass of wine! Is that gorgeous panel of tiny butterflies a die cut?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Jane and Barbara, it is a die cut panel on the left. I used a Die-namics die called 'Flying Butterflies'. Last time I made it in blue and white, you can see it here http://crafty-lizc.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/another-100th-birthday-card.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure the birthday girl loved her card. That butterfly die is really neat. And like the combination of purple and white.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.