Wednesday 24 April 2019

Twofer - Hippo

I'm running out of time for the Twofer Challenge as it finishes in a few of hours, so I'm sneaking in a last minute entry.   The theme this month is 'Zoo Animals' - two designs, two different occasions, using the same stamp, stencil and/or die.

I used a hippo stamp on both my cards from the Happy Little Stampers ' Birthday Friends' set.

I am joining the Twofer Challenge #15 with this pair of cards.


The image was stamped with Memento 'Tuxedo Black' and coloured with Promarkers.  To achieve the colour I wanted, I first coloured the hippo in grey and then went over with a tan pen to give the mottled grey/brown color.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set, stamped with Versafine 'Onyx Black'.  I used Memory Box 'Stitched Circle' dies for the image and mat and a Memory Box 'Stitched Country Border' die for the top of the green card.  Black, grey and white pearls finished off my card.

I am joining in the following challenges with this card:


My second card is for a friend who is going through a difficult time at the moment.  I know hippos aren't usually purple, but the recipient will know exactly why I chose a purple hippo with a yellow rain hat and I hope it brings a smile to her face. The hat was a freebie outline image I found online, which I coloured with a Promarker before attaching with thin foam pads.  The sentiment is from the Stampin' Up 'Butterfly Gala' set of stamps. Two strips of washi tape finished off my card. 

I am joining in the following challenges with this card:






24 comments:

  1. Two very sweet and fun cards, that hippo is really cute and makes me smile, especially that with the yellow hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beauties Liz, love the sentiment you teamed with the hippo in the first and love the pink hippo in the second

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two cute and fun cards! Love that little hippo. The one with the hat is too cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute. I love the hippo and the designs on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your great hippos and the sentiment on the first really made me smile Liz, and the second coloured purple and with the yellow hat will obviously as you say be very personal to the recipient and will surely make her smile, and I love the double line of washi tape too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you chose this hippo for your zoo animal, Liz! What a happy girl she is, colored so perfectly and spotlighted in a circle for your thank you card! And she's even happier colored in purple, I'll bet, and wearing that styish yellow rain hat! Super cute TOY card and great way to use Washi! Your thoughtfulness will be appreciated! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #15! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two totally gorgeous cards Liz, both great designs, the little hippo looks so cute in his/her little yellow rain hat, is bound to make your friend smile.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun cards Liz and the most adorable little hippo. Very creative and wonderful designs and fabulous cards x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both fun and beautiful cards, Liz. Kisses!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're both so adorable!! I love the hippos!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun cards! Thanks for playing along with us on the CASology Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two darling cards, Liz! And what an adorable hippo! I love her especially in the purple; reminds me of Walt Disney's "Fantasia" film from years ago. Great thank you card, and the sentiment just pairs so well with your hippo...lol! And I'm sure your friend will adore your thinking of you card. Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two cute cards. Clean and simple. [Bunny]`

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both terrific. Love the mottled grey and beige in the hippo on the first card - very realistic! The purple rendition is just darling - sure to bring a smile to the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two great ways of using this cheeky hippo stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  16. two lovely cards with your Hippo, .thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  17. BOth are just so much fun and beautiful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  18. He is a happy hippo and so fun the two ways you used him. I love his yellow hat he is wearing in the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness Liz, these are both such cute cards! I am loving your hippo, love him in his gray coloring and love him being purple with his hat! I don't make square cards much, but I do love square cards, they just cost more to mail if you use a square envie. However I did make one since we will be hand delivering it. Well done on the twofer challenge!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the U.K. we can send square cards up to 6" x 6" for the regular price, as long as they're not too thick. x

      Delete
  20. Two great cards Liz, love that hippo image. Great idea for one to wear a hat!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two Great Cards! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Dragonfly Dreams. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awwww these are such cute and colourful cards Liz. I secretly think you like working under pressure....haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your hippo's adorable little hate! Super cute! Thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.