Tuesday 27 September 2022

Butterfly Window Card

The Butterfly Challenge has the theme of 'W for Window Card'.  You can find the instructions for this fold HERE and it's a really easy one to make.  The challenge closes later today, so I'm cutting it a bit fine to join in with the challenge.  The other 'W' elements are Wood/Wheat/Wisteria/Wild Blue Yonder + a Butterfly.  I decided to go with Window Card/Wood/Wheat/Wisteria + Butterfly.

The patterned papers are from two different paper pads from The Range.  I folded the 'window', then cut two squares in the wheat and wisteria coloured patterned papers slightly smaller than the window and layered them inside.  The sentiment is a Cut & Make die cut.  The numbers from The Works are wooden and already painted white.  I added little punched butterflies in the corners of my cards and put a pearl body in each one. 

The card folds flat for posting.

I am joining in the following challenges:



19 comments:

  1. This is a fold I have never seen and love how it folds flat, great card, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous papers and a fabulous fold Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card for the butterfly challenge and great that it folds flat for posting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely fold card Liz...love the colours too

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely dimensional card design which can fold flat for posting, always a bonus in these times of high stamp prices.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried this pretty fold but will definitely bear this one in mind as it makes a wonderfully creative centrepiece on a card and folds flat too. The papers are really lovely Liz and also the sweet little punched butterflies with a pearl on top in each of the corners and a great touch to add the layered mat in the centre...a fabulous 70th birthday card! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fun to make, aren't they? My first time trying it and I'll be making more! Yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have done this fold before Liz and I really should do some more! Your card is fabulous and I love the papers hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card and so pretty. Love the way it opens!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liz,
    what a wonderful card and I love the papers used they look fab together.
    Such a wonderful design and that window is very effective too.
    Love the very cute butterflies in each corner.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning make. Those papers work really well together. Thankyou for joining me in the butterfly gardenn. You would love it in there right now as all the sunflowers that I planted are now out in full bloom. Quite a site to see. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful window card!! Love the palette!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Liz. The papers go really well together

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely papers and such a cute window it makes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful way to set the text in the center! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  16. well done on the window card and I love the colors! Great way to celebrate an epic birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely card and beautiful colours too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Liz. Funnily enough I made my sister in law a 60th card using the same fold last month. Works so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.