Thursday 5 October 2023

Happy Birthday

It was my great niece's 15th birthday yesterday and this is the card I made for her.  I took my inspiration from the card I made HERE, but I wanted to make it into more of a scene.  Emmie loves horses and is happiest when she is down at the local stables, riding or helping with the horses.

I didn't have a horse die, so this one started life as a unicorn and I chopped the horn off.  The sentiment is a Memory Box 'Grand Happy Birthday' die cut.   I added part of a Die-namics 'Fresh Cut Grass' die cut for the horse to stand on.  The sky was a snippet of blue mottled patterned paper and I put the Memory Box 'Puffy Clouds' die cuts in the sky and raised one of them up on foam pads.

I am joining in the following challenges with this card:

Emmie asked for money for her birthday as she is saving up for a new mobile. I made her a money holder card to put the notes in.
The patterned paper was from an old Paper Cellar paper pad.  The horse is a silhouette peel off... yes, I still have some which are very ancient, but now and again they come in handy.  The sentiment is a Happy Little Stampers stamp from the 'Birthday Friends' set, stamped with Versafine Clair 'Tulip Red'. 

When the card is open, there is a pocket to put the money in where the bottom half of the card front is attached to the back around the bottom and side. 




14 comments:

  1. Fabulous makes for your niece Liz, lovely design and great use of your dies -felt a bit sorry for the unicorn though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely designs Liz, I am sure she will love them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember mention of Emmie before so sure she will love her personalised Horse card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful makes for your great niece Liz,your horse images perfect for her

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning work loving the amazing colouring and colours on these cards, I am sure Emmie will adore them x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! - I hope the unicorn didn't suffer for being turned into a horse. Good thinking though 😉. A lovely card and I'm sure the super money wallet was also appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to make the gift card holder for her, it looks amazing. Beautiful card too and a great idea to de-horn a unicorn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your unicorn - slash- horse is perfect! I love this and know she will too. So pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you used just a few colours and made some fresh and clean cards! Hugs. Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card for Emmie with her love of horses Liz, and love the scene you have created, and the money holder is great and just goes to show the peel-offs do still come in handy sometimes. I have still got mine, but never had any with horses but the image is lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet she loves these Liz!! Fab for a horse lover!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two wonderfully done horse creations, so perfect for your great niece! She will love them!
    Thanks so much for playing along this month at I spy with my little eye!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tow brilliant horse-themed creations Liz - love the CAS scene on the card, and the money wallet is very stylish. Thanks so much for sharing with Ellie's "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet Emmie was one happy teen! This card and the money holder card is just fabulous. Love the papers you used on the money holder card. The birthday card is simple, but so effective with Emmie's favorite pastime. Love that! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.