Sunday 30 June 2024

Eclipse Card

A second post from me today, so please scroll down to see my earlier post.  I have continued to multitask, crafting and watching England play football.  Phew!.... what a tense game at the end.

I saw the Eclipse card that Val put on her blog today HERE and decided to have another go using this technique.  I've only made one Eclipse Card before and that was HERE in 2017, so it was about time I tried it again. Back in 2017 is was often called Hidden Word, Camouflaged Word or Steganography, but the same technique now seems to be called Eclipse.  A friend celebrates her birthday this week, so this will be for her.
 
The patterned paper was from The Range.  I used a preloved Happy Birthday die a bought a while ago.  There was no packaging, so I'm not sure of the brand.  I put tiny foam pads of the back of the die cut to raise it up.  I felt the card needs something extra, so I punched out a few flowers for the corners.


I am joining in the following challenges:


9 comments:

  1. Oh, how lovely is your beautiful birthday card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card with the Eclipse technique, I have to try one day! Love the look with that sweet paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful papers,perfect for your eclipse card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I've only made an eclipse a couple of time so maybe between you and Val I've been prompted. This one is really pretty, a lovely fresh feel to it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful make and such pretty paper too

    Happy Monday, Liz

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and lovely effect on the letters, I will have to try it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your friend will love her beautiful card Liz, such pretty paper and I love you added the little flowers. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fun way to use such a bold die! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful paper Liz and this is the perfect technique to let it shine out and the little added blue flowers give it just the right amount of embellishment, and the black pads make the die cut sentiment stand out really well, and I'm sure your friend will absolutely love this. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.