Thursday 18 July 2024

Interlocking Circle Peek-A-Boo Card

It's our daughter's birthday tomorrow and this is the card I've made for her. (I'm pretty sure she won't look at my blog before the morning. 😉)  I saw this fold on Debbie Mageed's blog HERE and this is my version.  I changed the measurements so that the card measures 5" x 7" when it's closed.  

The patterned paper is from The Range.  I covered the front of the card with the patterned paper and die cut a circle to create an aperture.  The butterfly was made with Memory Box 'Pippi Butterfly' and 'Isabella Butterfy' die cuts, layered on Memory Box 'Stitched Circle Layers' die cuts.  The sentiment is computer generated.

The die cut circles were attached to the inside of the card, lining them up with the aperture in the card front.

I used Memory Box 'Stitched  Rectangle Layers' dies to created a panel inside for the message.

I am joining in the following challenges with this card:


While I had the papers out, I decided t make a second card with the orange card and daisy patterned paper snippets left over.  
The daisy circle came from the card above when I die cut the aperture.  I layered it on a Memory Box scalloped circle die cut.  I looked through my snippets of embossed card and found this white strip which was just the right size to cover the top half of the card. I raised up the circle on foam pads to add some dimension. 

I am joining in the following challenges with this card:



15 comments:

  1. Both cards are lovely. The folded card at the top is amazing.
    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. Still keeping my choccy biccies cool with a freeze board in my satchel! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful fold,papers and focal image on your first card Liz,great use of snippets on the second

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Liz, What a beautiful birthday card! The papers are perfect and I just know your daughter will love it. I love that you changed the dimensions for a larger card. I will have to try that. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, I love your daisy paper. I've been working with daisies all week but they are larger. I love your "petiteness". Good luck at CCC and thank you for your support.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daisies are always such cheery flowers and these on the sunny DP\s so pretty, it's a beautiful card for your Daughter. Wishing her the happiest of Birthdays and hope she is continuing to improve in health.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever work with the interlocking circle idea, great choice of papers too. A good idea to use up some of the remaining pieces to make a second card straight away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful elegant fold! Love the papers! An early congratulations for her BD! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty and a beautiful card for your daughter's birthday and a great shape on the first, and good to use up the leftover pieces on the second Liz. I love the colour combination with the orange card to coordinate with the centres of the sweet all over daisy pattern, and the butterfly is perfect for the image on the interlocking circle. Funnily enough I was only looking at something on Pinterest last evening showing how to make this and I thought it was a lovely way of showing off and using patterned papers and may give it a try. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Liz this is so unique and just beautiful! LOVE your choice of papers for this awesome design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our new Love Those Pretty Papers & our Triple B challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my word Liz - two fabulous cards! I hope that Jo is doing well and that she has a lovely Birthday!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The daisy paper on these cards is really gorgeous. It pairs well with the orange and the white and black designer paper too. I love the fancy fold on the first card too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love that daisy paper, it's so pretty. You've made a special card for your daughter with a lovely contemporary feel to it. Your second card with the snippet is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday lately to your daughter, Liz. Great design and shape for her card and such beautiful paper. Well done using the leftovers for the second one, equally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card fold, Liz! And there is no doubt, you put those leftovers to good work. Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great fun fold for your daughter and love the additional card too! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.