Tuesday 19 April 2016

Tri-shutter Butterfly Card

I've missed the deadline for the last couple of Butterfly Challenges, so I was determined that I would join in this fortnight.  The challenge is 'Butterflies + F is for Fancy Folds and/or Fuchsia'.  The middle of last week I thought that I had plenty of time, but suddenly it was 4pm today, I'd just got home from supply teaching all day, time was fast running out and I hadn't even started my card!  So, with hubby out all day and not back until late tonight, I cracked on with making my card.
I decided on a Tri-Shutter card, using a Presscut die for the base card.  I've made several card with this fold by hand in the past, but this die does all the work for you.  My next job was to find some fuchsia coloured card or paper.  I decided on some patterned paper from a paper pad which came as a free gift with a magazine several years ago.  It has tiny mint green coloured dots in the pattern, so I used some plain card of  this colour for some of the panels and embossed it with a Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' embossing folder.  The long mint green die cut is Memory Box 'Latchet Border' and for the butterfly I used a Stampin' Up punch.  A few punched daisies finished off my card. 

I would like to enter my card for the following challenges:

15 comments:

  1. Well I think that is a record a card in 2 .5 hrs and such an intricate fold that requires loads of cut panels. I''m impressed. Love the colour combination. So glad Hubby is late home so you had time to come and play. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where does the time go? I got mine submitted just after you with 25 minutes to spare! Your card is soo much better than mine, you obviously work well under pressure! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you just slipped in. I don't know where the time goes either. This is great, I love all the dots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always liked this shape of card and love your colour choices, and the mix of papers and EF.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you've coordinated the dots on the paper with the embossing folder. Gorgeous result.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card design Liz, love how you decorated this card.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card looks beautiful Liz. I've never made this type of card but it looks fun to decorate. What a good idea to emboss the plain paper. It looks great. I do like the latchet border die too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a pretty shaped card Liz and the fuchsia and mint papers go really well and the MB Latchet Borders and the butterfly and flowers finish it beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous!! I love the tri-fold and the embossing!! The colors are fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card - a great design and the colours are fabulous too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks really great Liz.
    Hugs Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a clever card with gorgeous colours x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this fancy folded card, perfect for this butterfly challenge. Pretty papers and I liked all the turquoise embellies you've added to sparkle up the fuschia paper. I need to get this die! Lovely card, Liz. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely tri-fold card Liz, you've decorated it beautifully and used a gorgeous colour combination.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of lovely embossing and dies. Very effective. Thanks for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Bizzy Bec's this month, Jackie DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.