Sunday 28 August 2016

Peeling off the Peeloffs!

The LIM challenge this week is to use a  sticker, sticky label or peel-off.  I can't believe how many peeloffs I have, most bought years ago before I did much stamping and probably before dies were even invented!! LOL! 
I started by making a trifold aperture card using white linen cardstock.  I made the aperture using a Sue Wilson 'Double Pierces Square' die.  I had to run it through my Big Shot a few times as it was going through two thicknesses of card.  The black peeloff is a Rennie Mackintosh style image, which I attached to a piece of acetate before colouring with Sharpie pens.  I coloured on the back and the front of the image to make the colour more intense.  The sentiment is also a peeloff.  The light's not brilliant today, so it was hard to get a good photo.  The card looks better in the photo below,  although the leaves are actually bright green! 

This photo shows the card open. 

I am joining in the following challenges with this card:


While I had the sheet of peeloffs out, I used a few more to make a 'not so CAS' card.
The peeloff image is attached to white card and coloured with Promarkers. The corners and sentiment are peeloffs too.  I made an embossed background with Creative Expressions 'Art Deco Rose Swirl' embossing folder, as the pattern is similar to the image.  As this embossing folder is a NBUS (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff) one I've had for a little while, I'll be popping over to Darnell's blog to share this card.   For anyone who has never heard of the NBUS challenge, it's a challenge to use something that you've never used before.  It could be something new, or something that's been gathering dust in the back of a cupboard and you've never got round to using.  There's a link on my side panel, so I hope you join in.

I am joining in the following challenges with this card:

24 comments:

  1. Such pretty cards. Love the Rennie McIntosh peel offs and stamp. It looks gorgeous on the acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards Liz, I love the peel offs you've used.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your cards all very pretty and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards look great Liz.
    hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous cards Liz! Your first card is super elegant in that gorgeous Mackintosh style. I love the bold red one too. Thanks for playing at LIM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who knew peel offs could look so good? Fab cards. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well your second card may not be as LIM but it still is LIM to me.
    Two really lovely cards and love the images.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both so cute, Liz! I really love the aperture in your first card! I have lots of peel-offs too and never use them. Hmmmmm maybe now is the time....

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much fun to see how many stampers have stickers or something like that :)! Both your cards look beautiful; but then I love Rennie MacIntoch'roses...

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2 lovely cards . . . . . . Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Liz,
    2 wonderful and lovely cards.
    Love the wonderful colour of the 2nd one, and great embossing also.
    I have got my DT hat on today.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge with this.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yes, I've certainly got stickers that predate dies by a LONG time!! These particular stickers are just gorgeous, Liz, and ones I've never seen before. You have showcased them brilliantly on your two cards! (Thanks for the tip to color on both sides of a piece of acetate!) I appreciate your kind promotion and thank you for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS Congratulations on 100 followers!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need one more follower to make the 100 Darnell. I somehow managed to follow myself and can't seem to unfollow! LOL! xx

      Delete
  14. The stickers you have used for these two cards are extremely pretty and well worth an outing here Liz and they are probably due a revival anyway as is the way of things. As the saying goes 'what goes around, comes around'. I love that NBUS embossing folder too and it complements the Mackintosh type stickers beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two lovely cards Liz. The LIM card is particularly stylish. Perhaps we should all get our peeloffs out again.

    I recently lost a follower then like you managed to follow myself too. I hope Windows isn't playing up again. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Liz, LIM looks so elegant, love the touch of colours.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely cards Liz - I must dust off my peel-off stickers box too!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards Liz! I love the texture from the embossing & that is such a great use of peel offs.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. With careful treatment Peel offs can look amazing... as here... brilliant Liz!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous cards Liz! You have used those peel-offs superbly as your cards look so elegant. So glad you got to use some of your old stash. Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two lovely cards. Like them both.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had these stickers because I love CRM - in fact maybe I still have them! They look fab and really were the die cuts of their day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are 2 amazing cards and would not guess the main images are peel-offs! Your clever treatment of the folds, the pretty embossed background on #2, take elevated these sticker images so much. Great work on using your NBUS stickers to make 2 very pretty cards! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.