Monday 25 September 2017

Rennie Mackintosh Candle

It's the 25th of the month, so time to join in the Rudolph Days Challenge again.  Usually I have a card ready a few days in advance, but somehow the date has crept up on me without me noticing!   So, I decided to use a stamp today which I bought at the Craft Fair on Friday.  It's not a Christmas stamp, but it IS a candle and we use candles especially at Christmas, don't we?  It's a fairly simple design and I think I may do some batch making of this one - I have LOTS of red and white snippets to use up and the image is easy to colour!  The challenge runs until the end of the month, so there's plenty of time for you to join in.

I found the stamp in a bargain bucket for £2.  It's an old wood mounted Stampendous, Francoise Read stamp.  It's got the date 2001 printed on the side and although it's new, looking at the state of the stamp when I bought it, it's probably been knocking around, getting neglected, for the past 16 years. I wasn't even sure it would stamp cleanly, but it actually stamped perfectly first time.  I do love Rennie Mackintosh style stamps, so it was worth taking a chance for £2.  I stamped the image with Memento 'Tuxedo Black' and coloured it with Promarkers.  I die cut the image with a SB 'Arched Window' die.  I'm not sure of the make of the e/f I used, I just remember it was another bargain buy for £1 several years ago.  I finished of my card with a peeloff sentiment.  Does anyone else have boxes of peeloffs gathering dust?  Well..... I couldn't believe how many stands were selling peeloffs at the craft fair on Friday, so perhaps they're making a comeback! 😉

Darnell has her NBUS (never-before-used-schtuff) Challenge #12 running to until 4th October, so I'm entering this as my second card.  The challenge is to use something new you've never used before, or some 'old virginal schtuff'.  I guess the stamp ticks both boxes as it's new to me and also old and virginal. 

I'll be off to play in The Playground too, as I used a red and a white snippet.

I am joining in the following challenges:

35 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,love the fab image and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty, Liz. It's fun to find something you like in the bargain bin. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bargain bin find was certainly a great buy Liz and you have coloured this Rennie Mackintosh inspired candle so beautifully, and love the embossed Christmas word background, and the arched shape suits it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful - I really love Rennie Mackintosh designs but I've never thought of them in the context of Christmas cards before.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous card Liz, such a striking design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, very elegant and modern! Love that arch window!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Rennie Macintosch designs and this one is no exception...just so beautiful and perfect for a christmascard! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did well with your bargain finds Liz, the stamp and e/f are both fabulous and your card is a lovely christmas design xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the design of your candle Liz..lovely card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it looks so beautiful!!! I really like that beautiful Christmas card!!! Great image.
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Liz,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    what a very gorgeous card and that stamp was a bargain.
    Love your wonderful design and the colours you have chosen.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely modern looking Christmas card. The image is wonderful and I love it lighting up the window.
    There is a village just across the American border that is know for having the highest number of Churchs per capita in America. So many of the houses there are decorated with a candle in each window, during the Christmas season. Your card remonded me of that.
    Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your candle stamp Liz, and it makes a beautiful Christmas card.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super image and a great bargain, love the arch and the EF, fab card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a lovely Christmassy card, I like how you put the stamped image into the window which really sets the scene - I think of Christmas when I see candles too x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow--what a bargain! I love that candle image & you've made a beautiful card with it, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The candle works perfectly for a Christmas card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Liz, quite a bargain on the stamp, love digging into the cheap boxes during craft shows, love the candle and yes definitely a symbol of Christmas, although not so much here down under, summer heat and all that, we've had candles melt during the heat... have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is a lovely stamp Liz and it looks beautiful in that arched frame, great colours too x

    ReplyDelete
  20. A bargain stamp Liz which you have made into a lovely card. The arched frame is fabulous!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Forgot to add that I have loads of peel-offs. Good to hear they maybe making a come back, didn't see any though at Ally Pally recently.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful image Liz, it makes a fantastic card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. That stamp was a real bargain, it looks gorgeous and I love the card you've made with it x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE the stamp as a Christmas card, especially as it was a bargain, the peel offs may be having a come back, I have used a couple of borders recently LOL.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. A definite bargain and a beautifully designed festive make Liz. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm always going to love anything that includes Rennie Mackintosh and I am loving this. Classy and elegant x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really like this card. I remember when Francoise Read stamps were the 'in thing'. I rather like the arch window die too. The candle sits in there very nicely. I have a huge collection of peel offs but now I only use the odd sentiment and quite a lot of fine line borders. One year when I went to the Hobbycraft show at NEC, every stand seemed to be selling them, but the last time I went there were none. I think there is still a place for using them. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Haha, why does old and virginal make me giggle so much? Honestly, how old am I? Twelve? But seriously, Liz, I can't believe you kept pushing the old girl aside because she is regal and gorgeous on your pretty Christmas card! Definitely one for batching!! Thank you so much for playing again in NBUS Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only had the old girl since Friday, but she's obviously been knocking around in the bargain bucket for years - probably waiting for me to find her to give her a loving home. 😊 To be honest, she was the only decent stamp in the bucket, as I could have had three stamps for £5, but nothing else tempted me. She's still old, but at least the old girl is not virginal any more. 😉 xx

      Delete
  29. What a gorgeous card Liz and that stamp was a real find! So good she's now got a loving home - and I always love CRM styles. And, it perfect for Christmas as well!


    Hugs

    Di xx

    Snippets Playground

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love those Mackintosh roses! That stamp was a wonderful find! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card Liz. It might not be a Christmas stamp but it’s made a lovely Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a wonderful card Liz! I love that candle as a Christmas design.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Simply classy and Happy Belated Rudolph Days, so sorry for the late commenting, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.