Friday 21 June 2019

Butterfly Challenge

Welcome to my two new followers, thank you for joining me.  I can only see the name of one, Pat Kuzenco.  If you both leave me a comment with a link to your blog, I can return the favour.

The Butterfly Challenge has reached the letter 'G'.  I've managed to incorporate all seven elements in my card.....Gold/Granny Smith/Gun Metal/Gems/Gingham + a Butterfly + Gatefold card.

I covered the front of the gatefold card base with gold, pearlised paper.  The gingham paper was snippets left over from a previous Stampin' Up project.  I used a piece of a double sided adhesive sheet to stick a piece of the gold, pearlised paper to a stiff piece of white card, before die cutting with a Spellbinders scalloped circle.  The white circle and the butterfly are also Spellbinder die cuts.  The butterfly was cut in the gold paper and also in dark grey, pearlised paper (which I hope is okay for the gun metal colour).  I put the grey butterfly behind the gold one, so that the the grey peeped through the holes.  Two clear gems on the ends of the butterfly's antennae finished off my card.

This photo shows the inside of my card.

I am joining in the following challenges:





25 comments:

  1. lovely to see a gate fold card Liz, the butterfly is a gorgeous focal point beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of gingham Liz, so fresh and pretty and the gatefold with the scalloped circle embellished with the beautiful butterfly is perfect for this thank you card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Liz - I love both butterflies and gingham! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and the gingham adds a sense of fun to your gate fold card, well done on incorporating all the elements x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How darling!I do love butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous gatefold card Liz, green gingham is my favourite, so fresh and pretty, beautiful butterfly! Well done on combining so many of the required elements.
    Happy weekend
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous!! I love the gate fold and the pretty butterfly!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. You forgot one "G". Gorgeous. Very creative and I love that gingham. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done for incorporating all of the challenge elements in your card

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with what Bunny said above! This turned out so pretty with all those challenges rolled into one great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Liz, love this gatefold too. [I had to re follow you as well] xxHave a lovely Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that your little profile pic popped up again in my list of followers, Annie. x

      Delete
  12. You incorporated a lot of G's in this fab butterfly card Liz! I especially like the green gingham.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. All seven elements present and correct, . Love the green gingham. So fresh looking. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is gorgeous! What a fantastic layout and I love all the design elements you added to it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really pretty card Liz, G's good thinking Liz, you have plenty of them.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely Liz, the gold and gunmetal look fabulous together and it's a treat to see a gatefold card :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the sweet and fresh look, such lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely card Liz, so pretty.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like that butterfly, Liz--wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So very pretty Liz! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really lovely gatefold design.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous how you have Incorporated all the elements. Wonderufl and creative card and so very pretty x.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous gate fold card, Liz. I lllllllllove the grid paper and the beautiful butterfly. Hugs, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous butterfly card Liz, I haven’t made a gate food card in ages!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.