Thursday 19 August 2021

Fishes and Flowers

Two cards to share today.

The first card was for my 11 year old great nephew, who was recently awarded a school prize.  SO proud of him!  He saves all my cards and especially likes working out how I make fancy fold cards.   I have made a few of these Bay Window cards recently and I'm sure this one won't be the last.  You can find easy to follow instructions HERE.
 
The paper and stamps are all from Stampin' Up and I fussy cut the whale from a piece of patterned paper.  I used brads to keep the card in the right position when it's stood up.


The card folds flat for posting.

I am joining in the following challenges with this card:



For my second card, I used a Lisa Horton 'Blooming Peony' 3D embossing folder.  I inked over the raised part with purple Distress Ink and coloured the centres with a green Promarker.  The sentiment is from the Stampin' Up 'Humming Along' set of stamps, stamped with Versafine Clair 'Verdant'.  I added a strip of purple ribbon and layered it on a purple mat.

I am joining in the following challenges:






15 comments:

  1. You created two fabulous cards Liz the paper and whale in the first make a beautiful underwater scene,the peonies in the second are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two cards of yours are just fantastic, Liz!
    Congratulations to your great nephew! I am sure he will love this fish and whale card!
    I love the the embossing and the colours on the second one. Gorgeous!
    Hugs, Liv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how beautiful!! Love so much both! The fist one looks so cute with all those turtles and whale, such beautiful papers! Great folding! The second one is very sweet and classy LOVE the EF and the colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two brilliant cards Liz, I love this fold and have a few more made up but not covered with the DP, finished of the bow card last night to post this afternoon...hope you get to make one too,. Love that peonie folder, it's a stunning card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful fold and love all the fish, turtles and the whale you have added using these fabulous papers Liz and a very special card for your clever great nephew..I'm sure he will really love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges. Good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  7. You qare on a roll! Those fishes look so good with the whale text! and I love purple...so the 2nd card is my favorite; it's a beautiful one! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are lovely Liz, the bay window design for your Nephew is fabulous, what gorgeous papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great cards Liz...I like the whale one with the fishy paper an da clever use of brads there...I have a box or two of those! The peony embossing folder is so beautiful and you are so clever at not having got the ink all over the background too like I would. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you've done with the SU ocean paper/stamps. I have this set and I just might have to lift this idea.
    The floral card is beautiful too!
    Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - DT Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards! I especially adore the first one....such a fantastic fold and the stamping in wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies with your really cool fancy fold card. I've not seen that one before!~
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your card is awesome and I love all those turtles! Fancy folds are my favorite.

    Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.
    Hope to see you again soon.
    Tammy DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant whale done card and I love the shape.
    Hugs,
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your whale card and im sure your nephew will too and your floral card is beautiful. Emmax

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.