Wednesday 25 August 2021

Hedgehog Family

I came home yesterday from a lovely long weekend in London with my daughter, Jo.  We should have been at concert on Saturday, but it was cancelled for a second time due to Covid, so we decided to keep the hotel booking anyway.  Jo asked what I would like to do or would I like her to surprise me.  I went for the surprise and she planned a packed weekend including a West End Show, a trip on a barge to Camden Market, a ride underground on the Mail Rail train, a walking tour of Hampstead, with the highlight being the climb over the Millennium Dome (I still can't believe I did that!), after crossing the River Thames in a cable car.  The view from the top of the dome was amazing.

So onto my card, which I can post on my blog now I know it's been received.  It was made for someone who loves pink and hedgehogs.

The background was stencilled with a Lavina 'Feather Leaf' stencil and Distress Ink.  The stamps are also from Lavina, 'The Wallace Family' and 'Mushroom Lantern Set'.  I added some extra colour to the mushroom using the same pink ink pad.  I put some of the ink on an acrylic block, spritzed it with a little water and painted over the head of the mushroom with a paintbrush.  The sentiment is from a Happy Little Stampers set of stamps.  Three pink pearls finished off my card.

I am joining in the following challenges.






20 comments:

  1. Wow! This is absolutely amazing! Beautiful design and stenciling - love the hedgehog family!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a busy weekend Liz,sounds as though you both had a wonderful time. A beautiful CAS Thank You card,love the hedgehog family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds as if you had a lovely weekend packed with interest. These hedgehogs are so cute gathered around the toadstool. A lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely Liz those little hedgehogs are so sweet....Sounds like you had a great time in London and lovely to be spoilt once in a while...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was an action packed weekend Liz- sounds as if you made the most of your time in London- and thoroughly enjoyed it, so lovely to spend time with your daughter too.
    Your card is beautiful, love the stamps and the delicate stencilled background.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sweet little hedgehogs! This is a lovely delicate little card Liz. Your weekend sounds amazing! Full of wonderful surprises - glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great weekend she planned with lots of fun things to do. This is an adorable card with the cute hedgehogs and gorgeous background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the subtile background! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those hedgehogs are so cute and very detailed Liz, and love the pink stencilled background and pretty mushroom lantern, with also a little extra one on the sentiment strip, and perfectly finished with the pink pearls. Glad you had a lovelty time in London with your daughter and walking over the dome..that must be very high up and not sure I could do that. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that sounds like a fun getaway with your daughter Liz! I love that you both went anyway and had a great time doing other things. I'm not sure about the top of the dome though! lol But good for you for doing it! I'm in awe of you! I love this card!!! It's so cute and sweet. Those little hedgies are super cute and made for such a cute card. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet and delicate card! Love all Lavinia stamps and the pink stencilled background adds interest and sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice adventuresome weekend. Sounds like a great time. Your card is lovely. I really, really like that stencil. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had a fabulous time Liz! and I love your card hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A super card Liz, a lovely design.
    It sounds like you had a jam packed weekend and had a wonderful time, your daughter certainly lined up some surprises by the sound of it!
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. My word Liz, that sounds like a fabulous action packed "surprise"!! The soft stencilled background really makes that lovely card into something very special xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a great weekend you and your daughter had! Your card is so pretty too. Thanks for sharing with us at 2CCC! 😊

    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally adore this card, those hedgehogs are just the cutest <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute card! My son had a hedgehog once, which was not one of my favorite pets, lol! But, they are definitely very cute on a card! Happy to hear you had a great time with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like you have a lot of fun with your daughter! Such a sweet card, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just gorgeous! The Lavinia hedgehogs stamps are so beautifully detailed. Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.