Friday 5 May 2023

Purple & Gold

It's been a while since I did any Spirelli, so I thought I'd include some on this card.  I've got quite a few reels of metallic thread that I've had for ages, so you might see some more in the weeks ahead.

The background was made with Lisa Horton's 'Stitched Scalloped Layered Squares' dies, using snippets of gold mirror and purple card.   I used a Spellbinders 'Small Pinking Circles' die with thick, white card and wound the gold thread around.  I used an smaller die from the same set and stamped a sentiment in the middle with Versafine Clair 'Purple Delight' and attached it with foam pads. The stamp was a cover gift with a magazine.  All the card, except for the card blank was snippets, so I'll be sharing my card over in the Playground.

I am joining in the following challenges:


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful and impressive card Liz! So unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card made with a great technique. Pretty centre circle stamp too.

    Thanks for adding this wonderful piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. Fancy some tea and crumpets up in the treehouse this morning??? X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. It all came together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this regal looking card Liz. Love the spirelli too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we tend to forget about the older techniques and this looks great Liz and I love the pretty purple background and the white with the gold thread for the spirelli element which stands out beautifully, and the scalloped stitched square in the gold mirri and then the purple sentiment circle both coordinate well and finish the card perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the purple and gold together and the spiralli looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Liz - and I do love the Spirelli, very therapeutic to do. The colours are just right for Coronation Weekend!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure how I missed seeing this one but glad I found it now. Wow! Simply stunning!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see a Spirelli card Liz, they really are quite spectacular as this is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful card. Really special!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card, Liz! I love a stitching card and your's is so pretty. Thanks for sharing it at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.