Sunday 1 March 2015

Two More Sympathy Cards

Two more sympathy cards to make today, both for the same person, one from us and one from someone else, so I made them totally different.  A week or so ago, I was making making a 90th birthday card for a lovely lady and now I'm making her a sympathy card, following the sad death of her husband.
 The Butterfly Challenge #25 is Butterflies + H is for Hexagons.  I had been planning a design using this hexagon embossing folder and paper for a birthday card, but the muted colours on the paper seemed perfect for a sympathy card.  I added a butterfly which I double layered, embossing the top butterfly.

For the second card I made this CAS card.  I love this embossing folder as it can be used portrait or landscape.  The die cut sentiment is matted twice and attached with foam pads.  As I've made mini punched flowers,  I'll share my card over on the CASology Challenge blog, where the theme is 'mini'.  I used snippets for the flowers, so I'll also share this card over on Pixie's Snippets Playground.  The Crafty Catz Challenge #268 is 'Use dies/punches'. I've used both on this card, so I'll share my card there too.

16 comments:

  1. Two lovely and elegant cards which I'm sure your friend will be moved by.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such lovely cards Liz - both made with thought and no doubt a lot of care. So sad to hear about such a happy 90th milestone being followed rapidly by such sadness.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the embossed frame really draws the eye to your focal point! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Liz. Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz your Hexagon card is so pretty. I'm sure your friend will smile at receiving though it is such a sad reason for sending. Thankyou for fluttering by #25. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are beautiful and will be wonderful sympathy cards. Love the embossing folder you used on that second card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Liz,very nice the cards,the butterfly is lovely and so the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous cards and that embossing folder is great.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both lovely! The hexagons and the muted colors is a nice change of pace for a Sympathy card. Love that embossing folder on the second card - who makes it? Gorgeous creations for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This embossing folder on bottom card is a Sizzix one. I've had it quite a long time, so I'm not sure if it's been discontinued. x

      Delete
  10. Two beautiful sympathy cards Liz, how sad to reach a 90th birthday, then loose your husband.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards, so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards. So sad to hear of your friend's loss. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two beautiful cards for a sad occasion. I'm sure they will bring some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so sad to have to send sympathy cards. They are beautiful though. I like the hexagons and all the papers you used. I love the second one and the embossing folder is really pretty. The matching mats and flowers add a sweet touch and pull it altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card! Love that you entered with this project to our challenge at Crafty Catz. Thank you for sharing your work with us and please come back again.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.