Monday 21 November 2022

Christmas Tree

When I was on holiday earlier this month, I took some cross stitching to do to make some toppers for Christmas cards.  The Santa topper is in my previous post.   I made sixteen cross stitched Christmas trees and I wanted to batch make cards using them all when I got home.  I made a similar card earlier in the year, but simplified the design this time. 

All sixteen cards made today, so I'm nearly on tracking with my Christmas cards for this year.  I used a set of Marianne Designs 'Cross Stitch Tree' dies and cross stitched the tree with crochet cotton.  On this card, the red and green crochet cotton has a metallic thread running through it to make the tree twinkle.  The background is embossed with a Crafter's Companion 'Snowflakes' embossing folder.  I added a tiny clear gem to the star for some added sparkle.

I am joining in the following challenges:





16 comments:

  1. I love the idea of adding some metallic thread Liz, a little twinkle is always nice on a Christmas card. Your stitching is lovely and neat too. The tree looks great placed over the embossed snowflakes and I like the red and white combo. Lovely.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. More super cross stitch Liz and I love the glittery thread and the added little gem in the centre of the star, and that pretty embossing in the background too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Love the traditional colours! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite traditional colours for Christmas Liz, a gorgeous cross-stitch card

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been bust Liz and a perfect Christmas tree for our theme this week, many thanks for joining in with our Trees/Leaves theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely clean design Liz, and beautiful cross stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovde your cross stitch cards and well done for making so many

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous design Liz, fabulous card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely cross stitch card Liz - I'm glad I'm not the only one that takes cross stitch away with me!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cross stitch card Liz...your glittery thread really adds a nice touch of sparkel

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fabulous cross-stitched card, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's a lovely design with the embossed background, the cross stitching looks beautiful and adds lovely texture. Great idea to take the cross stitching on holiday- doesn't take up a lot of space and gives you something to do during the quiet spells. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure made productive use of your time while traveling. Both of these designs are wonderful and made beautiful Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing your beautiful cross stitch cards, Liz! This one is gorgeous and fits the theme perfectly! Many thanks for sharing your project at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So perfect and so beautiful! I'm loving the cross stitch cards.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunning creation! Love the stitching! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsort challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.