Tuesday 22 November 2022

Under the Mistletoe

WARNING... photo overload!

Another batch making session making Christmas cards today using a cute image. 

The cute image and sentiment are from a set called 'Finn and Molly' from Beccy's Place.  As I was making so many cards, I decided to use the pre-coloured version.  I used Lisa Horton's 'Stitched Scalloped Circles' for matting and layering.  The background was embossed a Sue Wilson 'Frosted Stripes' embossing folder.

I am joining in the following challenges:


As promised last week, a few photos from my holiday this month to Norway.  No luck seeing the Northern Lights, but we had a great holiday.

The first six photos were taken at North Cape, the most northerly point of mainland Europe accessible by road.






Sunset in North Cape at 2pm!

Easiest way to get to the top of the mountain.....

..... for a fabulous view.



Warming up by the fire pit in Kirkenes.


There is a little story behind the final few photos.  As some of you know, it was my birthday while we were away.  We crossed the Arctic Circle on my birthday and there was a competition on the ship to guess the exact time we would cross, which was predicted to be between 7am and 8.30am - hour/minutes/seconds.  The prize was the ship's flag which was flying as we crossed, signed by the ship's captain. For no other reason, as it was my birthday I guessed the time I was born, 8.15am, adding 11 seconds as it was the 11th November.... and I won!  As the winner, I was also dragged up to be the first in line for the Arctic Circle baptism by Neptune, ice cubes down the inside of the back of my jumper!  At least we all got a tot of something after to warm us up. 🤣



Oh my gosh, it was COLD!  I had so many layers on and I was wet right through! 




19 comments:

  1. Another very cute card, and an amazing Arctic Circle experience shared! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute image and card Liz, lots of great pics of your holiday,don't think I would have been very keen on the Arctic Circle Baptism ceremony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I'm not sure about the baptism by Neptune... that sounds a little chilly, but at least you would remember it for a very long time! Thank you for sharing the photos Liz, it looks like an amazing part of the world.
    Your Christmas card is fabulous, I love the embossed background. The colour combination is perfect too... very festive.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card and awesome photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great post Liz, thanks for sharing your special photos. A super card as well, thanks for sharing another at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun Christmas card, thank you for sharing at Allsorts and for sharing your lovely holiday photo's - it's the closest I will get to the Arctic Circle! Brrrr!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing those lovely photographs Liz. I'm shivering just thinking about your ice cube experience!! A great card, so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cute penguin card and the fun sentiment.
    Your holiday snaps are GREAT. What a place to visit - stunning. Shame you didn't get to see the Northern Lights, but it looks like you had fun - APART from the ice cube thing . ugh! Makes me shiver just thinking about it! LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous post Liz I went skiing with my school to Norway it's a beautiful place love your card and all your photo's that Neptune challenge was a killer LOL hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fun card and looks like a super vacation! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card and fabulous photos of your vacation!! Very beautiful and impressive places but the most impressive is your won at Neptune challenge and that big ice cube down the inside of your jumper! Argh! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun penguins Liz, and I love the sentiment too, and the background snowflake embossing is really pretty and red and white are perfect Christmas colours. What a fabulous holiday you had and love all the photos. Being your birthday your correct guess of the time for crossing the Arctic Circle was meant to be..not so good to be first in line for the ice cube treatment though..lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely cute card Liz. Great photos of your holiday too and congratulations on guessing the correct time - although the ice cube looked a real challenge! The train to the top of the mountain looks like the one that runs along Exmouth seafront!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous image and beautifully coloured. Lovely choice of image x
    What fabulous photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute, cute card for the holidays. I love all the red and white and of course that cute image too. Your photos are fantastic plus! WOW! What a fun time.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. Lovely pics.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute card and wonderful photos.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful fun card Liz. AND What a fabulous prize, even though a little cold, a birthday to remember to be sure. Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute card Liz! I love the sweet image, Beccy's Place has beautiful and awesome images for sure. I love seeing your photo's from your holiday!!! How fun, but looked pretty frosty! The views are so gorgeous, some fun photos...like with the round earth looking ball and the winning of the flag on the ship! Yikes that ice looked cold!!!! How fun that you won since it was your birthday! I love the train that took you all up the mountain and the warming photo at the fire pits. I wouldn't have wanted to leave the warmth. lol Looks like a grand holiday and I'm glad you and hubby had a great time! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.