Sunday 30 July 2023

Gift Card/Money Holder

A few gift card/money holders I made recently.  I used the instructions for the design HERE by Lesley Kilby.

The first one was for a garden centre gift token, so I gave this one a floral theme.   The flower was made with dies from the Sue Wilson 'Passion Flower' set, layered on Memory Box 'Stitched Circle Layers' die cuts.  The patterned papers are from a paper pad from The Works.


I am joining in the following challenges with this card:


The second card uses patterned paper from a paper pad from The Range.

This one contained money, but when I tried to crop the photo, my editing software recognised that there were English bank notes in the photo and wouldn't open it.  I really wasn't taking a photo of bank notes so I that could print my own! 🤣

The last one was for friends who celebrated a special anniversary recently and are going on a river cruise soon to celebrate, so this one had a nautical theme.  I thought it would be a nice idea to give the couple Euros to buy something special on their holiday to remind them of their special anniversary.  The patterned paper is from a paper pad from The Works. I decorated the front of the card with a Poppystamps 'Marine Sailboat' die cut, layered on Memory Box 'Stitched Rectangle Layers' die cuts.  The sentiment is a stamp from a Happy Little Stampers stamp set.

My editing software obviously thinks it's okay to print Euro notes! 🤣

I am joining in the following challenges with this last card.




23 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Liz
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and useful makes Liz, money/gift card wallets are always a great seller on my stall at Christmas.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love so much your three designs! And thanks for the link! The first one is so cute with the peeking out hedgie on the gift card!
    Hope that the story about your editing software that recognised English money is a joke! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Money / gift card wallets are so handy to have,three beauties Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three fabulous gift cards and love the stable door effect with the top half opening to reveal the pocket filled with gift tokens/money. I had to laugh at the fact that your editing programme would not show the British notes but was quite happy to display the Euros...lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three great variations on a theme with these gift wallets. So amusing to read that your software stopped you printing your own currency but didn't object to the Euros 🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely gift card folders Liz ad the contents would be well received I guess. funny how you cant print UK notes but you can Euros!..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all such wonderful gift card holders with great designs on each one. I never knew software would not edit photos of money! We learn something new every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely gift card holders Liz, love how you've chosen the papers and images to fit the occasion xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. As the grandkids have gotten older, I'm always in need of money card holders. I love the design on these and they're all so pretty! Fantastic!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely card and colours. Looks like you've been a busy bee. I agree with Pat, I love the stable door effect, super idea x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous gift cards Liz love that cute hedgehog too! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fantastic card for gifting cards and money Liz.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all so lovely. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are fabulous gift/money wallets Liz and well done for minting your own Euro!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Liz,
    what brilliant designs for the gift cards or money.
    I love your papers used on them all as well.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome gift cards!! You are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty makes Liz. I sometimes think that these software programs are a bit too clever.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the way these gift card/bank note holders work Liz! They are different from the one's I've made or seen. I love how you have personalized each one to the people you are giving them to. I love the papers and color combos, each one unique to the recipients. I had a chuckle about your software not letting you edit with the English bank notes in but then it was ok with the Euro bank notes. So funny! Wonder why?! Money is money! LOL Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards and colours are stunning the effect is always great and your card looks beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great fun folds on these cards. These are terrific. I really love the colors on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this… and absolutely love the hog!
    Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers anything goes with dies challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    PS sorry I am a little late in visiting - it was a busy few months and I’m now on catch up for blog visiting x but better late than never 😀

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are all wonderful. I love the last one, what a thoughtful friend you are.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.