Thursday 25 January 2024

Butterfly Anniversary Aperture Card

The Butterfly Challenge has a different format this year and the theme this time is an Anniversary Card, with various other elements.  From the list, I included the colours Aero Blue, African Violet, Amethyst, + an Aperture, a sentiment and butterfly.

The patterned paper and the 'Aero Blue' card came from the same paper pad from the Works.  The butterfly is from a set of three dies gifted to me recently by a friend.  I used it for the first time, so I'll be joining in the NBUS Challenge this month. I die cut two butterflies and stuck them back to back,  as the butterfly twists round when the card is opened.  It's attached to the card with invisible thread.  I used Memory Box 'Stitched Scalloped Circles' and 'Stitched Circle Layers' die to make the aperture and the white frame.  I added a sentiment and a heart made with two punches.


As I'm joining in the Snippets Challenge, I remembered to take a photo of the snippets I used before I made the card.  No idea why the snippets have come out a complete different shade in the photo.  (The yellowy piece is actually apple green, but in the end I didn't use that piece or the patterned Aero Blue.) I also used a white snippet for the frame, but forgot to take a photo.

I am joining in the following challenges:




19 comments:

  1. Fabulous twist card Liz, love so much that butterfly and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these colours Liz, such a pretty card and what an unusual butterfly, I can see it has layers, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card design and love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty Liz, and I love the beautiful background paper and bright butterfly in the scalloped circle and great that it twists when you open the card, and also the layered heart and sentiment which finish it perfectly...a terrific card. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card for the challenge - these colours work well together

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Liz and love these colours together..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Liz, I love the colour combo.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully created and the design shows off your pretty butterfly perfectly!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
    Diane TB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Triple B}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super perfect Liz. The butterfly is a new one to me not seen before so thankyou for coming and playing in the garden with me. Bit cold in there at the moment though and not much going on. Not seen any kingfishers around! Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great CAS and love the colors! Hugs Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Liz,
    I love the colours used on this wonderful card and your super design.
    The fab butterfly in the aperture looks brilliant.
    My how the camera does funny things to card stock when photographed.
    I always have to use a dark background when photographing pink as it comes out whishi washi if I don't.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it a fine example of your clean crisp style. You are a master at it xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground with this very pretty aperture card. Thanks also for sharing a pic of your snippets. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card design Liz, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the aperture for your wonderful butterfly. Very lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty and a lovely clean design, well done for using snippets too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card Liz - those colours look amazing together! Very pretty design as well, nice work!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty in your mix of colours Liz and perfect for that occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a very pretty card Liz. As for the photographed colours, I find the same, so annoying sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.