Friday 26 January 2024

Embossed Christmas Cards

Maureen is hosting the Rudolph Days Challenge this month for the last time.  Thanks to Maureen for running the monthly challenge for so long, but I'm sure we all understand the reason for her making the decision to step back from the challenge.   I've made a few quick cards which will be easy to batch make using a couple of embossing folders, some tiny pearls and gems and a stamp. 

This embossing folder is Apple Blossom 'Merry Christmas'.  I trimmed the embossed card down to fit on the card blank, added some tiny white pearls and the card was finished.

I made an identical card in red.

For my last card used a preloved Cuttlebug embossing folder a bought recently in a charity shop.  As I used it for the first time, I'll be sharing my card over in the NBUS challenge.  I stamped a greeting with a stamp from the Stampin' Up 'Greatest Part of Christmas' set, stamped with Versafine 'Satin Red'.  A few tiny clear gems finished off my card. 

I am joining in the following challenges with the last card:




15 comments:

  1. Wonderful Christmas cards, Liz! I love the clear reds and greens. And of course the two embossing folders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful embossing folders Liz and I love the red and then the green version using the Apple Blossom 'Merry Christmas' one with the sentiment repeated on the bottom half and the lovely holly leaves on the top, and the Cuttlebug one with the swirls and snowflakes is really pretty, and you were lucky to find it in a charity shop, and perfect in white with the red matted layer and stamped sentiment and little clear gems. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Liz, the Apple Blossom folder embossing is so effective and a great find for the second design whcih really sets off the lovely sentiment.
    Hugs
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely emboss folders for some quick and CAS Chrismas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not seen those EFs before - they are both so beautiful in the different colourways. Lovely cas card and a great charity shop find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun embossing folder the Apple Blossom is and it's nice that you found the pretty Cuttlebug e/f. Something old is new again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful folders Liz. I love giving embossed cards, the recipients are always in awe at the dimension xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great cards - so very effective. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and quick Christmas cards Liz, I have that Apple Blossom EF and it's one of my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great CAS card and love the embossing folder-great find.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The two first ones look good, but the last one is my favorite; it looks so elegant and festive! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very pretty creation, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness these are simply beautiful!! I don't think I could have stopped with just some gems but would probably spoil the effect you have. Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH! That reminds me I have the first folder. I love you used red and green with the gems. The last card is another lovely EF with a beautiful sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely festive card.
    Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations
    Avril

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.