Tuesday 19 July 2022

Fancy Fold Cards

Well, after the recent heatwave, we have very welcome rain today! 😀

It's my daughter's birthday today and this is the card I've made for her.  I've made this style of card several times before, but always as a portrait version, where it stands up on the box part.  When I saw this card made as a landscape card on the Nifty Noodles Crafting Facebook page HERE, I wanted to give it a try.  I prefer the card this way round as it's more stable when it's stood up.

The paper is from a paper pad from The Works.  The die cut flower and leaves are from the Sue Wilson 'Passion Flower' set of dies.

The card folds flat for posting and measures 5" x 7".

I am joining in the following challenges with this card:


A second fancy fold card today, following the instructions HERE on the Creative Minds - Kind Hearts blog.
The patterned paper is from an old paper pad and the sentiment is a stamp which came as a cover gift with a magazine.  I made the tags with Sue Wilson 'Stitched Flags' dies. I'll make a box for the card and will probably hand deliver it to make sure it doesn't get squashed.

I am joining in the following challenges with this card:
Through the Purple Haze Challenge #194 ~ Black, White and 1 colour
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper July Challenge






20 comments:

  1. Another fabulous selection of projects, love the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these two fancy fold cards - hope you are managing to keep cool. No rain here yet although it has turned cloudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wonderful cards with fancy folds and gorgeous papers

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful Liz, such pretty papers and wonderful folds.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards. Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful both, and such gorgeous foldings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday (belated now) to your daughter, Liz! I'm sure she loved her beautiful birthday card! I also love your second fancy fold design. The papers are sensational and that bow is amazing with the circle sediment! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colours and fold on your Daughters card Liz and fab bow on the second. Bit cooler here this morning, only 23deg at moment and we may even get some rain this evening, certainly need it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the soft and bit unusual colourcombination on your first card!And a bow like this is a feast to the eyes! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another two gorgeous cards Liz! I really must have a go at some of these as I can see it would be a good way of using up some of my mountain of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you to have rain! You are so good at using papers. The folding card is really pretty and the bow is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two lovely cards Liz...please send some rain down to Somerset

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that second card shape made as a bow. Looks fabulous and wow to your colour combination. Silly but never would have thought to make the first card up sideways and of course your right it goes extend up better this way. Der!!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are stunning. Happy Birthday to your daughter and a wonderful card for her. I like the font on the sentiment. The bow is awesome and I'm going to go over that watch that video. Thanks for sharing these great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOWzer Liz, both are fabulous. Love the folds and the paper you used on each.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two great cards here Liz....I bet your daughter loved her card, so pretty and fresh looking and your second one very unusual, the red really making it pop. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both the fold cards are gorgeous, Liz. I am going to watch the instructions. Thank you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your shaped cards are always so beautifully made and I adore them both Liz. Your daughter will have loved this and the papers are really pretty, and I am bowled over by the fabulous double bow shape on the second and so elegant in black and red..definitely one for hand delivery I think. I have those papers too and must get them out and use them..I'm not one for using papers but you are the perfect role model when it comes to these sorts of cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Beautiful cards! Great to see you in the HLS gallery! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.