Saturday 30 July 2022

Football Season

The football (soccer) season began today, so this seemed a perfect card to blog.  (Don't ask how my team did today, but there are plenty more games to play before the end of the season.😉)  I saw an idea on the Nifty Noodles Crafting Facebook page recently to use a tile die twice which cuts out the little apertures, but not the outline shape.  I set myself a challenge to make a card suitable for a male using  one of my tile dies using this idea, (although girls like football too. 😉)

I attached a blue mat to the base card, then cut a piece of white card slightly smaller.  I used a Memory Box 'Piestra Tile' die down each side of the white card.  I cut a snippet of patterned paper and attached it down the middle between the die cuts.  The footballs are black peeloff, stuck on stiff white card and fussy cut.  The sentiment was layered on blue mats....... and then I discovered a small glue mark on one of the corners of the blue mat.  So I added tiny black dots to all four corners to cover up my little mishap. 

I am joining in the following challenges with this card:


My  second card is a gap butterfly card.  
The patterned paper is from a old paper pad given to me by a friend.  The butterfly was made with Memory Box 'Vivienne Butterfly' and 'Darla Butterfly' dies and layered on Memory Box 'Stitched Circle Layers'.  The sentiment is a stamp from the Stampin' Up 'Best Year' set.







22 comments:

  1. Your butterfly card looks even better IRL. I still have it up on show in the dining room. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The central panel with the football's sits beautifully with the diecut panels on each side,a great layout,love the papers and layout of the butterfly card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popped back to say thank you for joining in at the Alphabet challenge with your football card

    ReplyDelete
  4. blue is one of my favorite color and you did a wonderful job at creating a soccer card using our challenge at Cardz4Galz. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards, I am especially loving the design on your butterfly card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects and fantastic colours and technique ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed it did Liz, hope your team has a good season, we started well with a trophy yesterday.

    Two super cards and the second lovely fold perfect for Allsorts, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two super cards, very different but equally great

    ReplyDelete
  9. Completely agree with Aquarius' comment above!
    Loving that butterfly shaped card x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fantastic cards Liz, I love the die you've used for the football one. It looks like the net behind the goal.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your football card so much. You are ahead of us with the season. Out teams just started training camp and I can't wait for the season to start. The butterfly card is beautiful. I love the paper and the design. Two great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty 'gap' card! That's a creative design. Thank you for joining the "butterflies or bugs" challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful butterfly card, lovely design and colours. The football themed one is fabulous- yes girls definitely like football too- one of my granddaughters is football mad- now playing for two teams and loving every minute!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So super how you find a way to use the football theme in a different way each time! A great card! But I love the butterfly on the 2nd card even more! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both are gorgeous Liz, lovely designs.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two beautiful cards today! I love the football theme with those great papers and the unique fold on the butterfly card is so clever too! NJ on both!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these colors together! Great soccer card for MMM and I'm so happy you also play along with my Cardz 4 Galz challenge theme. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday! I hope to see you in the gallery again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your football card Liz and the tile die works brilliantly cut twice into the piece of card and with that strip of dp down the centre and the added football peel offs, and then the really pretty dp and butterfly on the second for this gap card. I have made something similar in the past but like a lot of things some older things get lost in the mix and this shape looks great. Sorry your team didn't start the new season too well, but as you say plenty of time for improvement. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Popping back to thank you for joining in at Allsorts.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your football card is very topical for a girls project. Girls are doing very well in what's thought of as traditionally a man's sport. I love the background you've created. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me again. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.