Wednesday 27 July 2022

Summer Blooms and Nautical

A CAS card I made a little while ago, but forgot to post on my blog.

The flower die cuts are Lisa Horton's 'Beautiful Buds'.  I layered them on Lisa Horton's 'Scallop Layered Square' mats.  The sentiment is a stamp from the Stampin' Up 'Humming Along' set of stamps.  I finished off my card with a few tiny, yellow pearls

I am joining in the following challenges with this card:
 
The style of my second card was made after watching a live video yesterday on Lisa Shaw's Nifty Noodles Crafting Facebook page.  I decided to make a masculine card as I need a few masculine birthday cards in the next few weeks.
 
The patterned paper is from a Sara Davies 'Nautical Collection' paper pad.  I used one sheet to cover the front of a 6 x 6 card blank, lining up the bottom right corner and cutting off the excess.  I used a square die to cut out an aperture from the middle.  Using a second identical sheet of patterned paper I covered the inside of the card blank, again lining up the bottom right-hand corner and cutting off the excess.  When the card is closed, the patterns line up perfectly.  The yacht is a Poppystamps 'Marina Sailboats' die cut.  I lined up the yacht so it was just below the edge of the aperture when the card is closed.  Three punched anchors and a layered sentiment finished off my card.
 

I am joining in the following challenges with this card.



19 comments:

  1. A lovely cheerful get well card in summery colours Liz, thank you for joining us at Allsorts challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Liz, I love the nautical one, very cleverly done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beautiful colours in your first card would cheer up anyone who was feeling unwell, love the layout on your nautical card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first card has such a lovely fresh feel to it Liz and the second very striking with the aperture, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts Summer challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bright flowers on the first card and the nautical theme is just right for a male card. Clever placing of the papers to match up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards Liz, especially the nautical one.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards Liz, especially the nautical one.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 fabulous cards today Liz, a beautiful floral card in lovely fresh colours and I'm really taken with the second one- it's a great design, love how you've used the papers and the nautical theme, it's a brilliant masculine card and they're always harder to make!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The feel better soon card is so bright and cheerful and I love the pretty floral on the layered rounded and scalloped stitched mats which is such an elegant look Liz, and the little pearls finish it perfectly. The second with the nautical theme is a super design with that fabulous paper and the aperture with your sailboat visible through it, and the lining up of the inside and outside paper looks great...love the anchor embellishments too. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you found this and posted it. It is so cheerful and I love those yellow pearls. Liz, this nautical card is beautiful. I love the papers and that design. I'm always looking for great masculine cards and this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Liz,
    2 wonderful cards and such brilliant designs also.
    I love the flower and colours of the first one and what a fab paper used to cover your card on the second one and it's design looks stunning.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the layered flowers on your first card and WOW for the nautical one!! Thanks for sharing the process!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are beautiful, but the nautical one is so different and my favorite... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are gorgeous Liz but my fave is the nautical one! hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're wonderful Liz, the sunny yellow was a perfect choice for that floral card. Love the window effect on your nautical card xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful cards, Liz! The masculine card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a wonderful window to the sea card and a fabulous place to spend a birthday. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards are fabulous Liz. I love the yellow die cut Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.