Tuesday, 11 August 2026

Paper Hug

I spent Saturday and Sunday at a craft weekend with a group of friends. Most of the others there were scrapbookers, but I spent the weekend making cards that I need for this month.  I made a masculine card for someone special who is going through chemotherapy.  They live in a different country and as I can't give them a big hug, this card is the next best thing.

I cut off the front of card diagonally.  The patterned and plain light blue paper is from a paper pad from The Range.  The mats are navy blue card.  I die cut the sentiment with Stamp Market 'Paper Hug' dies.


The sentiment panel is attached to a smaller card, with the back of the card attached to the base card.  When the sentiment is lifted up, it reveals the written message inside.

I am joining in the following challenges:




17 comments:

  1. You totally get our challenge and it's the perfect card for it!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power and Love Those Pretty Papers!
    Diane
    {Nellies Nest}
    Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful fun fold card, Liz! That sentiment die is great! Thank you for participating in the Creative Creases Challenge! We hope you can join us again soon. Your support is greatly appreciated!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets to Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card for someone needing a hug in the post. Great design, as always. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely way to let someone know you are thinking of them

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely thing to do, and such a wonderful card with that fab fancy fold xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this card and the way it turned out, Liz

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really lovely and thoughtful card - the colours tone beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fold Liz, and I love how dimensional the sentiment looks. I’m sure the recipient will really appreciate it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice card for someone who needed some support!!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful way to send good wishes to someone. It's a great design too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh .. .. .. this is going to brighten that special someone up whilst going through a really tough time. How very thoughtful of you. I hope they are coping ok.
    Love the design very much.
    Love and hugs
    Jules xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card Liz. I remember you sending me a Paper Hug when Steve was in hospital - it really cheered me up!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That large die cut sentiment is perfect and the paper and card in shades of blue looks really lovely Liz, also a great shape too, and I'm sure it will be much appreciated by the recipient. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect for purpose Liz and sure to lift his spirits to know you care.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A hug of any kind is always welcome Liz. Love the large letters, lovely colour and great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely thought and a beautiful card with a lovely message, I'm sure it will be appreciated. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your diagonal fold and large sentiment create such a thoughtful and uplifting design, and the calming blues make your card feel like a warm and supportive embrace.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all scam comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.