Monday, 7 September 2026

Dinosaurs

 A card for a delightful young man who celebrated his 7th birthday yesterday.  He loves dinosaurs, so this is what I came up with.  

I used a new Craft Addiction 'Stitch Craft Fusion Frames (Rectangle)' die in the front of a 6" x 6" card blank to create the stitched aperture.  I found a piece of fern patterned paper and backed the aperture, completely covering the inside of the front of the card.   The dinosaurs are dies from the Craft Addiction 'Dinosaur Set', also used for the first time.  A sentiment and two Card Candi finished off my card.   The dinosaurs were cut from snippets, so I'll be joining in the Snippets Playground Challenge.  The patterned paper wasn't technically a snippet, but has been sat in my snippet drawer for well over 10 years waiting to be used.

I am joining in the following challenges.




16 comments:

  1. Hi Liz
    A great card for a 7 year old.
    You made me smile having your beautiful fern paper squirrelled away for 10 years .. .. .. some of my papers are that old too (and some probably older than that! Hence me trying to cull them all .. .. .. it is going to take me a few years though LOL!!!)
    Love and hugs
    Jules xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card for a 7 year old boy.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wonderful card for a 7 year old Liz and the style of frame is great and the brontosaurus is wonderful and looks very happy placed over that fern covered background paper, and of course the pterodactyl keeping an eye on him too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect for a 7 yo old, Liz! I remember when Dan went through his dinosaur phase and once in a while, one will still show behind something in the backyard, lol! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card for a little lad Liz.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dinosaur card, the paper is perfect, and I love the frame, in fact I’ve just bought one and can’t wait to try it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure he just loved this super dinosaur card, beautifully put together using the stitched frame die along with the other elements. Great use of Snippets too

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card for a 7yr old. Thanks for your advice yesterday. I shall do m y best to heed it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet he loved his very specially made card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a perfect card for a 7-year-old boy. He is going to love it! Thank you so much for entering it into our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant card and I bet he loves it too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect for that age! And a nice design! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous dinosaur card and like the personalization!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant! Great choice of background paper for those dinosaurs. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your dinosaur birthday card is so fun and lively, and the stitched frame with the fern patterned paper makes a perfect backdrop for the cheerful die cut dinosaurs that look ready to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. One little chap will be delighted by this fun card! Great background paper - I did chuckle at it being 10 years or more old!
    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all scam comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.