Monday, 28 September 2026

New Baby

Two cards to share today, now that I know they have been received.

The first card is for new parents who recently welcomed their first child, a beautiful daughter.  The Mum was a pupil in my class many years ago when she was a shy four year old.

I used dies from the Sue Wilson 'Shadow Box - New Arrivals' and 'New Arrivals - Stuffed Animals' sets.  The pink and silver card is pearlised.  I bought the dies about 10 years ago and its been a few years since I used them, so I'll be sharing my card over in the Neglected Stuff Challenge.

I am joining in the following challenges:


The great grandparents have been friends of ours for about 40 years, so I made a card for them too.
I made Hexagon Floating Card, the same fold as the card in my previous post.  It's so easy to make and one of my current favourite folds.  The patterned papers are from Limetree Craft.  I used punches for the circles and hearts.

The card folds flat for posting.

I am joining in the following challenges:




12 comments:

  1. Two beautiful keepsake cards Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful cards, keepsakes for sure xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shape—I love your "Hexagon Floating Card." It might be simple to make, but the effect is absolutely stunning. The decorative paper is beautiful, too. A lovely card for the great-grandparents; I’m sure they were delighted with it.
    A wonderful card and a fantastic entry for our theme at the "Everybody-Art Challenge."
    Thanks for joining in!
    Hugs, Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very pretty card to celebrate the new baby Liz.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A couple of beautiful pink cards to welcome the new baby and lovely that you actually taught her mum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely and will be treasured. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both lovely, Liz, and I'm sure they were well received

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are sooooo cute and I like the shape of the 2nd one!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards with pretty papers!!! Thank you, Liz, for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two super cards Liz and the first is very pretty and wonderfully personalised with the added die cut animals in some of the apertures, and your second using the hexagonal floating shape and with more lovely papers, and the baby's name on the floating scalloped circle looks great. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are gorgeous cards Liz and what a gorgeous name too for the new baby girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both projects are beautiful. The sweetest collage design using the ducks. Thanks for sharing with A Cut Above's September Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all scam comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.